Part Time Contract
Details: $25/hr for 10 hrs/wk
Voters’ Right to Know, a nonpartisan organization working to promote transparency of the money being spent to influence our country’s elections and lawmaking, is seeking a Digital Marketing / Creative Assistant to contribute to the production and execution of high-quality digital communications to support VRTK’s research and advocacy efforts.
This position will work closely with VRTK’s team to develop digital assets and implement social media strategies to increase high-value engagements to drive online audience growth.
- Assist team in building out an engaged and loyal community on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Create highly shareable graphics and videos customized by platform to support social engagement with VRTK’s research and campaign efforts
- Work with VRTK team to develop creative ideas for presentation of editorial content and campaign messaging
- Produce highly engaging, timely, and relevant content for regular publication on VRTK’s social channels
- Actively engage social audience in conversation about timely news cycle items, research and analysis, organizational updates, and campaign calls-to-action
- Experiment with new tools for stakeholder engagement on social channels to extend the reach of VRTK’s work and raise visibility of VRTK as an innovator in the field of reform
- Elevate visibility of VRTK spokespersons as transparency policy thought leaders by posting commentary and analysis about timely news events on social platforms
- Build clear pathways for two-way communication between key stakeholders and VRTK spokespersons to begin testing assumptions and gaining insights about the issues they care about
- Track and analyze key metrics for social media activities
- Create digital assets for promotion of VRTK brand and projects
- Demonstrated experience communicating complicated ideas and messages in a simple and appealing graphical or multi-media format (e.g., infographics, memes, short videos)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro, or comparable video editing software
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or InDesign, or comparable photo/image editing software
- Strong familiarity with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter as well as platform-specific best practices for content curation
- Knowledge of U.S. politics and interest in following news to aid in creation of original content that makes VRTK’s work relevant to current events
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and shifting priorities
- Motivated, enthusiastic self-starter with a passion for VRTK’s mission
- Desired: Experience executing paid and organic social media promotions—Facebook, Twitter, AdWords
COMPENSATION & HOURS
$25/hr, 10 hrs/wk, with opportunity for increased hours depending on performance and organizational need.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Voters’ Right to Know values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. VRTK is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.