Online Content and ID Card Coordinator - Princeton
- Job posted by Latin American Legal Defense and Education Fund
Details: Bi-weekly pay periods, time sheets are required.
65 Witherspoon Street
Online Content and ID Card Coordinator
Employment Location: Princeton, NJ
LALDEF is a nonprofit that was founded in 2004 to serve the needs of the immigrant community in Mercer County. At our organization, we value diversity. Our mission is to defend the rights of the Latin American community, facilitate its access to health care and education, and advance cross-cultural understanding within the Mercer County region.
LALDEF is seeking a Mercer County Area Community ID Card Coordinator to be housed at the Princeton Public Library. This is a part-time position, eight hours per week, on Thursdays. The individual will be responsible for volunteer recruitment, coordination, and retention at the Princeton distribution site. The coordinator will also have various remote administrative tasks in mobile design and upkeep, social media information dissemination, and other assigned remote administrative tasks. This position will have direct client interaction by assisting in screening, creation, and issuance of the Mercer County Area Community ID Card. The work hours are from 11:30am – 7:30pm. There may be opportunities for occasional work at the LALDEF office in Trenton, but it is not required. This position requires the individual to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
· Required to be physically present every Thursday at the Princeton Public Library for two community ID card issuance sessions. One from 12-2pm and the second from 5-7pm.
· Verify identity, issue IDs, and engage in program promotion and advertisement.
· Responsible for equipment setup and breakdown.
· Examine remaining supplies and notify appropriate staff when supplies are needed.
· Responsible for handling payment and issuing change to clients as needed.
· Submit monthly reports to the Executive Director.
· Coordinate brief meetings with the Executive Director bi-weekly for cash pickup and supply drop off.
· Utilize various computer software programs to update website and marketing materials.
· Social media post planning and information dissemination. Utilize pre-post capabilities to produce content on a weekly basis. Engage our social media audience and create thought provoking posts and relay important information.
Ideal candidate should be organized, responsible, work well without direct supervision, and computer savvy. The individual should have the ability to multi-task with excellent communication skills. Candidate should think independently as well as work well with others.
Positions reports to the Executive Director
No benefits are offered at this time.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish - Proficient
English - Proficient
Minimum Education Required