1309 South Wood Street
Chicago Access Network Television (CAN TV) is seeking a full-time 40 hours per week IT Support Technician responsible for providing excellent customer service to all sections of the organization, provide technical support to maintain the organization’s computer systems, both hardware and software and other peripheral equipment to ensure optimal performance so that end users can maintain a high level of productivity. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, diagnosing, and actively resolving end user service requests.
CAN TV operates from a modern multi-use facility located at 1309 S. Wood St. in the Illinois Medical District.
· Provide courteous and timely response to support requests or tickets submitted to the Engineering department.
· Provide timely updates, status, and completion information on all tickets.
· Troubleshoot hardware and software problems by recording applicable information from users and fully documenting all requests for support in the ticketing system, including the resolution of the problem.
· Ability to research and find solutions to support requests that you are unfamiliar with.
· Escalate tickets appropriately including details of steps taken to resolve the issue.
· Perform duties including password resets and unlock accounts for applications that include but not limited to Active Directory, and G-Suite
· Perform hardware and software installations, configurations and updates.
· Moves, adds and changes, new user account set-ups, computer, phone, installations and other associated duties.
· Maintain hardware storage areas and identify and prepare hardware for safe disposal.
· Be available for flexible schedule as needed.
· Ability to carry 20 lbs. equipment.
· All other duties as assigned.
- 2 - 3 years of progressive experience providing technical support for networked production systems, the networks and servers that support them, as well as catering to the technical needs of end users.
- In-depth understanding of TCP/IP networking and an understanding of transport and support networks.
- Functional understanding of Active Directory, Access Database, SQL, VMware, ACLs, MPLS
- Demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- High attention to detail, proactive attitude, ingenuity, and creativity.
- Strong inter-personal and professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience installing and maintaining networked Windows and Linux-based workstations and servers.
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with automated play-out/media management systems, broadcast production systems
- Media Production experience
CAN TV is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required