Details: Commensurate with experience.
Dependency Advocacy Center (DAC), a nonprofit organization, provides free legal services to indigent parents and children involved with Santa Clara County’s juvenile dependency system. Our clients face the removal of their children due to concerns of abuse and neglect. A myriad of issues are presented, including substance abuse, domestic violence, mental health, and poverty.
Dependency Advocacy Center provides zealous legal representation to indigent clients in the juvenile dependency system to promote timely reunification and preservation of families in a safe, healthy environment. DAC believes that every parent and child entering the dependency system has a right to be treated with dignity, compassion and respect.
Our busy, client-focused office needs a reliable, well-organized full-time Office Manager to handle day-to-day operations with a focus on details, efficiency, and time management. We’re looking for an energetic professional with excellent communication skills who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats and tackling new challenges.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- General office operations: managing vendor contracts and relationships, ordering supplies, filing, handling the main phone line, light scheduling
- Human Resources: hiring and termination paperwork, staying abreast of current HR procedures, managing employee benefits
- Event coordination
- Executive assistance to CEO and CFO
- Partnership with the executive team to troubleshoot office issues
- Associate degree required (B.A. or B.S. preferred)
- Experience with payroll and human resources processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to flourish in a high-energy environment
- Ability to multi-task and be a productive team player
- Ability to work compassionately and respectfully with clients in crisis
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, writing, and organizational skills
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
DAC offers a full benefits package including health, medical, vision, 403(b), vacation, sick time, and holiday time off.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and list of three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.