16 Monsignor Owens Place
TEACHER OF STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
Special education teachers design, adapt and teach programs geared to each student's Individual Education Program (IEP.) Teachers work as part of an interdisciplinary team with The Phoenix Center's behaviorists, social workers, counselors, employment specialists, occupational, physical and speech/language therapists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Educational planning and implementing lessons based on student IEP's. Lessons should be developmentally appropriate, age-appropriate and must align with NJSLS (New Jersey Student Learning Standards).
· Meeting and communicating with parents to report on educational progress at least two times a year. Daily communication via The Phoenix Center Communicator is also required.
· Working with and assisting in the supervision, instruction and evaluation of instructional paraprofessionals, and any student teachers assigned to them, as directed by their supervisor.
· Meet with child study teams during the course of the year to help determine the child's IEP, and to report on student achievement.
· Meeting with their student's related service providers so that they may appropriately reinforce in class those goals and activities designed by these specialists. Attend unit and Professional Learning Community Meetings (PLC).
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university with special education emphasis.
- NJDOE Certification as Teacher of Students with Disabilities or Teacher of the Handicapped and K-5/K-6 Elementary or Middle School Certificate.
- Experience with individuals with autism and multiple disabilities a plus.
Health Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance, PTO, 403b
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To send a resume or get more information for any current or future openings contact:
Human Resources Manager
Mail: 16 Monsignor Owens Place, Nutley, NJ 07110
Your resume will be retained in active status for one school year. If your qualifications meet our needs, we will contact you for further information and a possible interview.
The Phoenix Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.