Coordinator of Senior Services at Cornerstone
- Job posted by Stanley M. Isaacs Neighborhood Center, Inc.
1833 Lexington Avenue
The Stanley M. Isaacs Neighborhood Center (Isaacs Center) is a non-profit, multi-service organization focusing primarily on the needs of children and low-income families, out-of-school and out-of-work youth, and aging New Yorkers. We operate at community centers located in the neighborhoods of East Harlem and Yorkville, and seek to deliver programs that are impactful, innovative, and intergenerational.
The Coordinator of Senior Services will build a strong relationship with Senior Center members, consultants and community partners. The Coordinator will monitor and evaluate the overall experience from the initial engagement and participation in programming through constant effective communication and interaction. The Coordinator will build a relationship-based membership that moves Senior Center members, consultants and community partners along a continuum from a causal connection to a committed level of involvement. The Coordinator will deliver the appropriate programs and activities to ensure an engaging, energetic environment for all Senior Center members of the social, wellness and recreational programming. The Coordinator will also work closely with the Cornerstone site leadership.
- Recommend, implement, schedule, and promote wellness, social, cultural, educational and recreational activities and programs for Senior Center members.
- Suggest mechanisms including surveys, and other ways for communicating with, and receiving feedback from the Senior Center members about programming and activities.
- Identify, cultivate and strengthen existing and new relationships with Senior Center members, consultants and community partners through constant communication and interaction.
- Liaise with the Development Team as needed to provide information pertaining to programming and events.
- Complete registrations for enrollment into the Senior Center.
- Develop creative methods for the effective communication regarding necessary changes in logistics for programming and activities to the members.
- Recommend and/or execute systems for the internal and external evaluation of programs and initiatives.
- Establish and implement an on-boarding process for all new Senior Services consultants including recruitment, screening, training and development.
- Attend external meetings, programs and events to strengthen knowledge pertinent to the needs of the Senior Center community, interests and desired program activity.
- Coordinate off-site programming, field trips and supervision of the Senior Center members.
- Effectively respond to program related inquiries from the Senior Center members, staff and the community partners.
- Perform data entry to support the flow of data and statistics for internal reporting and contract requirements.
- Experience and success working in partnership with an aging community, local residents and community organizations.
- Success at managing a wide array of tasks and projects and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience with and interest in working with an aging population.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and consultants.
- Willingness to work select weekends and to occasionally adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the role and programming.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- BA degree in Human Services or a related field and 3 years of relevant experience with the aging population.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher.
- CPR certified and AED/First Aid Certified or be willing to attend both trainings.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Required to work the occasional evening as per program need.
- Required to work on either Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Flexible Spending Account
401k Retirement Plan
Paid time off
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates may forward their cover letter and resume to email@example.com