65 S. 4th Street
Do you have a passion to help others and work with children in your community? Do you want to turn your passion into a career? We need you to come and help us to grow! A number of new employees are needed to staff our “Kids Place” before and after-school programs located at elementary schools throughout Gahanna and Westerville. Flexible schedules, part-time (10-25 hours per week) and full-time positions are available. This is a PERFECT opportunity for individuals who want to work with children!
2:00 pm – 6:00 pm in Gahanna
7:00 am – 9:00 am and/or 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm in Westerville
- Responsible for care and engagement of children in grades K-5 in award-winning before and after school programs.
- Facilitate choice based activities such as art, science, technology and math, physical activities and homework assistance with children.
- Obtain and maintain training in First Aid, CPR, Child Abuse Recognition, Communicable Diseases and 10 hours of Ohio Approved Trainings for child care programs. YWCA Columbus will pay for your training!
- 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent
- Desire to work with children
- Must be able to recognize and act upon any hazard to a child’s safety and well-being
- Desire to further the mission of YWCA Columbus: To eliminate racism and empower women
- Minimum one year experience working with school-age children
- Knowledge of child development
- Familiarity with ODJFS Licensing Regulations
Familiarity with Step Up to Quality
- Work in an environment where you can impact the lives of others each and every day
- Medical, dental, vision insurance to eligible individuals
- Retirement Plan and 401k for eligible employees
- Discounted child care for your children
- Join a team of dedicated professionals who genuinely care about the people they serve
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required