Asphalt Green's Recess Enhancement Program (REP) transforms the culture of recess by engaging students - currently over 28,000 - in active games that promote social cooperation and physical activity. We are currently implemented in 61 NYC public elementary schools throughout Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, and the Bronx.
We are in search of a full-time REP Coordinator to join our team. The REP Coordinator is responsible for the overall success of the program which includes all aspects of program design, growth, and management. REP Coordinators advocate for improved health and increased physical activity through PLAY!
· Reports to the Associate Director of Recess Programs and REP Managers.
· Manages 5-7 part-time Play Coaches including: scheduling, evaluating, payroll, etc.
· Fosters partnership with assigned schools to promote REP and physical activity.
· Travels to 3-4 school sites throughout New York City weekly.
· Assists with creating and facilitating professional development and trainings for part-time Play Coaches and school personnel.
· Maintain school and program databases.
· Event planning including: staffing, scheduling, logistics, and managing internal and external communications
· Assists with recruiting part-time Play Coaches including coordinating group interviews and communicating with candidates.
· Assists with developing REP materials and curriculum as well as promoting REP to other organizations.
Minimum of 2-3 years of applicable professional experience which includes:
Supervision of full-time and/or part-time staff
Work in a youth service organization
Work within large, urban public school system
Experience with program and staff development and evaluation
Knowledgeable in current health, physical activity, and educational recommendations and research
· Strong personal interest in play, sports, and/or fitness
· Strong leadership, time management, and multitasking skills
· Ability to work independently
· Highly organized
· Excellent writing and presentation skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
Benefits include medical, dental and vision along with a 401K plan and free use of the facilities including our pools and fitness centers.
Minimum Education Required