The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Research Administrative Assistant serves as a key player in the function of the Research Team as they help support the administrative aspects of incoming grant requests and awarded projects. This individual will act as a primary point of contact regarding questions about the process and procedures for current and future grantees of the Foundation. The Research Administrative Assistant plays an important role in assisting the Director of Research Programs and the Grants Manager in data processing, grant management, and logistic leadership around meetings.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Act as initial point of contact for applicants and current awardees, providing support as needed by either phone or email to general program questions.
- Administer the Parkinson’s Foundation web-based grant submission process (grant launching, application processing, insuring applications meet requirements, etc.).
- Assisting with all aspects of research grant review and administration.
- Processing and drafting grant correspondence and email.
- Under direction of Grants Manager, initiating and tracking of grant award payments.
- Coordinating and tracking annual and final research progress and financial reporting on funded programs.
- Support the administration of annual grants calendar and timelines, including meeting schedules, application submission deadlines, and internal deadlines in coordination with Research Programs colleagues.
- Maintaining accurate records for all grant award files and performing other administrative duties as appropriate.
- Collaborating with other members of Research Programs in fulfilling their responsibilities and functions.
- Book travel and handle honoraria/reimbursements for grant reviews and meetings as necessary.
- Strong candidates should have a BS/BA degree, scientific discipline preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel and Word.
- Prior experience working in a scientific field or healthcare environment.
- Experience with health/research grant management.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work at hand.
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be resourceful, self-starter and problem solver.
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Research Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. Only qualified candidates will be contacted directly. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.