Details: Commensurate with experience.
The Software Freedom Law Center (“SFLC”) provides pro bono legal services to developers of free and open source software. We provide our clients with licensing advice, license defense, trademark counseling, patent defense, and non-profit organizational assistance. We also produce educational and advocacy materials regarding legal issues related to free and open source software.
The SFLC seeks an Executive Assistant to provide full-time administrative support for the Executive Director and the office. The Executive Assistant is responsible for a broad range of duties.
- Managing the Executive Director's calendar, scheduling and confirming meetings.
- Coordinating SFLC’s primary annual conference and other conferences, public meetings and panels.
- Overseeing the coordination of travel arrangements and itineraries for the Executive Director and other staff members and preparing expense reports in compliance with SFLC guidelines.
- Collecting materials for and organization of the Executive Director's files including keeping contacts database current.
- Managing the flow of incoming communications, reading, distributing and responding to correspondence for the firm.
- Screening and monitoring calls and emails, fielding questions, and/or forwarding them to the appropriate person.
- Handling special projects, conducting research, analyzing data and generating reports as instructed.
- Building and maintaining a list of upcoming Free and Open Source Software conferences.
- Preparing correspondence, meeting agendas, reports, and presentations as directed.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent in education and experience, and a minimum of two years of related experience required.
- MUST be detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communications skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple assignments, and work with diplomacy and efficiency.
- Familiarity with Free and Open Source software for office use preferred.
Full benefits package provided.
Minimum Education Required