2 Astor Place 3FL
About HMI: The Hetrick-Martin Institute (HMI) believes all young people, regardless of sexual orientation or identity, deserve a safe and supportive environment in which to achieve their full potential. HMI creates this environment for LGBTQ youth between the ages of 13 and 24 and their families. Through a comprehensive package of direct services and referrals, HMI seeks to foster healthy youth development, promotes excellence in the delivery of youth services and uses its expertise to create innovative programs that other organizations may replicate.
This position is responsible for the oversight, management and monitoring of all grants, private and public, as well as the ensuring the integrity and quality of all program data (Youth Services and Advocacy & Capacity Building) and general compliance with all funding criteria and deliverables. .
Reporting to the Senior Director, Youth Services, the Assistant Director Grants & Contract Administration is a key member of the Youth Service Management Team. This position will supervise the work and activities of the Accountability Specialist, and also work closely with the Executive Team in maintaining standards for documentation of data and reporting protocols, lead the development and implementation of best practices in the management of HMI's government grant databases, and ensure data integrity, data importing and extraction, and report customization and analysis.
The Assistant Director will oversee all post-award activities for foundation, organizational and government grants to ensure continuous quality assurance, compliance with award specs, and provides qualitative and quantitative evidence of achieved deliverables and benchmarks. The position will ensure agency grants and contracts management are performed efficiently and to the highest quality - from planning and application phase through contracting, reporting, and close-out.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DUTIES
Coordinates, leads and monitors grants and contracts management and reporting to ensure continuous compliance, quality assurance and improvement.
Grants & Contract Management
- Accountable for monitoring all post-award activities related to data, measurement, and progress toward outcomes.
- Supports the pre-award grant solicitation process by collaborating with relevant program or development staff, coordinating data points and logic models, as needed. May perform a review of all components of data-complex grant submissions, ensuring that materials meet grantors' technical requirements.
- Creates and maintains hardcopy and electronic folders and files for recording and tracking executed contracts and required documentation.
- Updates and manages agency grants contract grid, and deadline list.
- Creates and updates grants management policies and procedures.
- Maintain all agency profiles and enrollment in government grant making portals, including grants.gov, HHS Accelerator, Grants Gateway, etc..
Quality Assurance & Compliance
- Designs and implements ongoing quality assurance processes to guarantee accuracy and completeness of client data and grants management
- Designs compliance program including procedures and metrics to track and report on key compliance and performance data points on service deliverables and other related funding sources requirements for all grants and contracts
- Supervises the work and activities of the Accountability Specialist
Data Management Administration & Oversight
- Oversees and managed the collection of all key performance and administrative data for all grants and contracts.
- Develops plans for improving information flow and ensuring the timely input and reporting of data; responsible for monitoring and maintaining staff use of appropriate data collection tools and processes
- Responsible for delivering regular training to staff regarding data collection and data entry to ensure compliance with policies and procedures; collaborates with IT department and Salesforce Administrator to ensure program staff have access to fully functioning hardware and technology to conduct regular data collection
- Maintains processes for data validation, and assist with quality assurance and data analysis for all government databases; supervise data entry for all government databases and data-sharing between Salesforce and government databases
- Responsible for producing reports that are shared with the Executive Team, Board of Directors and other staff. Such reports will include but not limited to, programs outcome reports as they related to deliverables, funding forecasts,.
- Creates and updates government data management policies and procedures.
- Ensures the existence of a centralized file of required outcomes for all programs.
- Tracks all measurements outcomes using databases including but not limited to AIRS, eShare and Salesforce.
May be assigned other related duties, as required and determined by Management
EDUCATION | EXPERIECE REQUIREMENTS
- Master's degree in Statistics, Data Management, Public Administration, or other related advanced degree from an accredited college or university plus 5 years' management or administrative experience in the area of grants/contract administration for a nonprofit human service or community healthcare organization, foundation or government. In lieu of a Master's Degree, must have at least a Bachelors' Degree from an accredited college or
university in a related field plus at least 7 years' experience directly related to the scope of this Job Description of which at least 3 years were in a significant administrative or managerial capacity administering grants and contracts.
- Proven track record leading and supervising staff
- Experience with complex data reporting, interpretation, and communication of findings, preferably in a social services or non-profit setting.
- Experience in the areas of compliance and quality assurance supported by a proven track record of developing protocols, processes, metrics and systems for monitoring performance outcomes
- Experience and ability to work with various data management software systems,
- Work independently and collaboratively to accomplish responsibility, goals and projects.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment when appropriate; strong decision-making skills.
- Strong computer skills with expertise in Salesforce and other data management systems, as well as Windows-based programs, such as the Microsoft Office Suite.
KNOWLEDGE |SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent organizational, time management and communications skills.
- Must demonstrate flexibility in work settings, maturity of judgment and ability to maintain cooperative diplomatic working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and community.
- Possess high degree of discretion, integrity, professionalism, and accountability for area of responsibility and related results
- Knowledge of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth issues as well as multicultural competence.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We respectfully request that you do not contact us to check the status of the recruiting process or of the materials you've submitted—your cooperation is appreciated.
To apply, please go to http://hmi.applicantpro.com/jobs/
HMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer