Details: $25/hr, commensurate with responsibilities and experience
285 Hungry Hollow Road
Camphill Foundation seeks a qualified and dedicated bookkeeper to work closely with the Office Manager and Executive Director to maintain the financial records of the organization and perform general bookkeeping tasks on a part-time basis, approximately two days per week. 6-10 hours weekly, depending on seasons of high activity. Fewer hours during the summer, more hours December-January and April-May.
· Process incoming and outgoing mail
· Accounts Payable; bill pay and posting to General Ledger
· Accounts Receivable and processing all Deposits, posting to General Ledger
· Monthly bank and credit card reconciliations
· Process cash receipts transactions from the mail, in-house and on-line.
· Prepare bank deposits and posts receipts to the accounting system.
· Prepare financial reports for board meetings, monthly, and quarterly reviews
· Entry of donations into QuickBooks, Raisers Edge
· Preparation of monthly petty cash\travel reports
· Prepare and pay quarterly taxes
· Process invoices timely
· Prepare documents for yearly audit and be active in audit
· Payroll processing using outside Payroll service
· New Employee setup and benefits enrollments
· Process all gifts and generate thank you letters
· Update and maintain database in partnership with Database Manager
· Generate donor or financial reports and mailing lists as requested
Additional Office Management/Support:
· Maintain office supplies and office equipment
· Maintain vendor business relationships
· Maintain filing systems (electronic and hard copies)
· General office errands
· Liaise with consultants – accountants, database consultant, PR consultant, IT support
Level of Language Proficiency
· Bachelor’s degree with substantial experience working with QuickBooks. May substitute experience for degree.
· Minimum of three years progressively responsible accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports.
· Specific experience in not-for profit bookkeeping accounting helpful.
· High proficiency in QuickBooks, Raisers Edge, Excel, and Word
· Self-starter, ability to prioritize, detail-oriented, analytical, responsible and self-motivated, and able to multi-task and problem solve.
· Ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance with established policies and regulations.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written.
· Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
· Ability to work well with people at all levels.
Minimum Education Required