After Hours Access Operator -- Saturdays 8am-4pm and/or On Call
- Job posted by San Francisco Suicide Prevention
Details: The hourly wage is $15.91. Holidays are paid at time and a half.
- The After Hours Access Operator Team answers calls for the City and County Behavioral Health Access Line at all times that the Behavioral Health Access Center is closed, including evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays.
- Access operators assess callers for crisis, assist distressed callers as needed, begin the intake process and offer referrals.
- Access operators do not answer the San Francisco Suicide Prevention lines.
- Calls are taken in our offices in downtown San Francisco.
- Shifts typically include ample downtime useful for studying, etc.
Eight hours per week: Saturdays 8am-4pm.
Additional shifts which may need coverage include 12am-8am daily (overnight), 4pm-12am daily, and 8am-4pm on Sundays and holidays. Applicants available to be on call for additional shifts as needed -- particularly overnight shifts -- will be given preference.
Applicants may apply for the Saturday shift, on call position or both.
- Attend Access line training and complete curriculum satisfactorily
- Answer Access line for San Francisco Suicide Prevention, following specific protocol
- Document all Access calls completely and accurately in database
- Comply with all Access coverage requirements as specified in contract documents
- Attend meetings with SFSP's Access Director, other agency staff and City and County staff as required and requested
- Basic skills and experience in call center operation or customer service
- Excellent telephone communications skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work evening, overnight and/or weekend hours
- Minimum of bachelor's degree, preferably in human services or related field (may be in progress or a two-year degree)
- Skills and experience in community service
- Ability to support a broad variety of people, including communities of color, LGBTQ communities, and people with mental illnesses, addictions or co-existing disorders and their families and/or concerned friends
If hours become increased to .5 FTE, health and dental insurance, vacation and 403b will be offered on a prorated basis.
San Francisco Suicide Prevention is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
SFSP encourages a supportive environment where differences of ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, gender, physical ability and age are valued and appreciated. We seek candidates who share this vision.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish and/or Cantonese a plus!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send résumé and cover letter to Nicole Matcha, Access Line Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.