119 West 23rd Street
The mission of the New York Zen Center for Contemplative Care is to transform the culture of care through contemplative practice, meeting illness, aging, and death with compassion and wisdom. Now in its 11thyear, NYZCCC trains caregivers, provides care to those most vulnerable among us, and offers study and practice opportunities for those interested in Zen Buddhism.
NYZCCC is seeking an experienced and proven Database Administrator to streamline and manage our database systems, including Salesforce and Soapbox Engage. NYZCCC uses Salesforce.com to manage and evaluate its constituent transactions, programs and events, fundraising efforts, program applications, and communications. Through Salesforce, NYZCCC tracks, records, and analyzes data on constituents, partners, donors, and programs. NYZCCC recently began using Salesforce in the Fall of 2017.
This person will be responsible for helping NYZCCC pursue its mission by supporting staff, ensuring data quality, implementing third-party Salesforce integrations (primarily Soapbox Engage), and customizing Salesforce to meet NYZCCC’s evolving needs.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Improving systems and supporting operations in education and fundraising
- Oversee day-to-day transactions and data integrity for students, donors, and participants, such as incoming registrations, online payments, financial assistance, scholarships, and refunds.
- Generate reports for event and class registration, donor campaigns, and other criteria as needed.
- Reconcile Salesforce transactions with bookkeeper who uses Quickbooks.
- Ensure NYZCCC maintains clean, quality data through updating addresses, reviewing new contacts, de-duping, and ensuring data migration and batch uploads.
- Create forms on Soapbox Engage for event and class registrations, and donations.
- Improve user experience through the creation and modification of page layouts, record types, and fields.
- Provide end-user support including: troubleshooting and managing dashboards.
- Monitor NYZCCC’s storage limit and purge excess data as needed.
- Manage weekly data backups.
- Assist in the creation of user documentation.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
Looking for someone with 3+ years of relevant work experience, and 1+ year of Salesforce administration experience (NPSP); Salesforce Administrator certification a plus.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- 1+ year of Salesforce administration experience strongly preferred
- High level Excel proficiency
- Familiarity with Soapbox Engage a plus
- Experience with Quickbooks and WordPress a plus
Sept 4, 2018
Minimum Education Required