411 East Clinton Avenue
Founded in 1984, the JCC Thurnauer School of Music offers a program similar to the finest pre-college conservatories in a nurturing environment that enables students to reach their personal best. The school offers an exciting and diverse music curriculum for all ages, beginner to conservatory prep including private lessons, classes and orchestra, choral, jazz, and chamber ensembles. Thurnauer has active partnerships with public and private schools that make studying music a reality for students who otherwise would not have such opportunity. One of these partnerships is the 20-year Music Discovery Partnership (MDP), between the Thurnauer School and the Englewood schools. Serving children in grades K to 12, it includes the Young People’s Chorus at Thurnauer (YPC@T), an affiliate of the acclaimed YPC of NYC.
To provide administrative and artistic support for an expanding choral program and to act as a partnership liaison between the Thurnauer School of Music and the Englewood Public School District.
Skills and Knowledge
· Outgoing and warm personality
· Ability to gain the respect and trust of school administrators, and chorus families
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance priorities and meet deadlines
· Confident musician and educator
· Initiative, sound judgement and ability to work independently and within a team
· Strong writing, detail editing and proofreading skills
· Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and social media apps
· Strong internal and external communicator, who is sensitive to and respectful of diverse populations being served through these partnerships.
We are looking for an emerging leader who is excited by choral music and music education overall, an organized manager, who wants the opportunity to maintain and build on our successful and acclaimed choral program.
· Previous experience singing in and/or working with choirs
· Previous experience working within a non-profit or arts organization
· Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education, Music, Arts Management, Vocal/ Instrumental Performance
· Communicate pertinent information to Thurnauer faculty, program participants and their families, including frequent reminder emails and texts
· Cultivate and maintain relationships with key personnel in the Englewood Schools, including relevant teachers and administrators
· Supervise attendance record-keeping and communicate attendance issues to Director and families
· Coordinate volunteer help and ensure staff/volunteer recognition
· Maintain volunteer contact information and dates of service
· Schedule bussing for all travel
· Document activities through photography, videography, and a record of anecdotal information
· Provide assistance needed to Development Director in gathering and reporting any relevant statistics for grant funding
· Attend a majority of Englewood board meetings
Rehearsal and Concert Support:
· Work along with the Artistic Director to create, plan, schedule, and maintain concert season
· Be on-site at the public schools and Thurnauer while programs are taking place; trouble-shoot when necessary
· Co-produce all YPC@T events and performances on and off-site
· Assist with rehearsals and performances on and off site and all choral events
· Lead sectional rehearsals when needed
· Actively seek out performing opportunities for YPC@T in the Englewood community, including Board of Education meetings and other local events
· Ensure the well-being and safety of choristers at all times
· Report to Artistic Director, YPC@T
· Administer all operating duties of choral programs both at Thurnauer and in the Englewood Schools
· Data entry of MDP students into database
· Write performance memos, reserve rooms, organize calendar and create signage
· Order snacks, food, or other supplies when needed
· Attend weekly staff meetings
This position is part-time and is being offered for a qualified candidate interested in being involved with a dynamic and growing choral program. Interested candidates should submit a résumé and cover letter to Renata Kapilevich. Candidates are also welcome to call if they have questions at 201-408-1463.
For more information about the JCC Thurnauer School of Music, please visit www.jccotp.org/thurnauer.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email Renata Kapilevich with your résumé and cover letter.