Do you want to have an important impact as a CASAC? Become an Assessment Specialist at NADAP and join a dynamic professional team.
The Assessment Specialists work business hours Monday-Friday. Competitive salary and excellent health package including tuition reimbursement , and loan forgiveness program. No More Caseloads and No More Treatment Plans. Be able to plan your schedule and live your life while being a Qualified Health Professional.
SACAP (Substance Abuse Centralized Assessment Program) provides assessment and referral services to public assistance clients who may have substance abuse related barriers to work. Program staff members link individuals to chemical dependency treatment and also reviews progress to assist them in recovery leading to self sufficiency.
A Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) interviews clients referred by New York City’s HRA, applying clinical judgment to determine appropriate treatment needs and levels of care. Our CASACs work with a variety of HRA-identified special client populations, and interact with treatment providers daily
- Conduct one on one assessment on HRA-identified applicants and recipients
- Determine if treatment is needed
- Refer identified clients to HRA-approved treatment programs
- Make clinical recommendations for treatment referrals
- Must have an active NYS CASAC credential
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a substance use treatment setting
- High school degree is required, Bachelors is preferred
- Bilingual is a plus
As a NADAP employee, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Health benefit package
- NADAP Monthly Birthday Party
- Medical Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Dependent FSA
- Paid Leave package
- 3 weeks vacation and more
- 11 paid federal holidays
- Sick leaves and personal days
- Retirement savings options (403b or 401k)
- Retirement Profit Sharing Plan with employer contribution after one year
- Commuter Benefits: pre-tax transit and parking
- Term Life Insurance
- Additional volunteer benefits
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply to this position through the link provided.