America Needs You (ANY) fights for economic mobility for ambitious, low-income college students. We do this by providing transformative mentorship and intensive career development. ANY operates in California, Illinois, New Jersey, and New York. We have achieved remarkable growth in the past 5 years by mobilizing hundreds of volunteers to increase the number of students we annually serve in our intensive Fellows Program from 50 to over 300. Visit www.americaneedsyou.org to learn more information.
We provide our Fellows with transformative mentorship and intensive career development. Recruiting, engaging and managing excellent volunteers is crucial to the success of the ANY Program. The Volunteer Manager will create a rewarding volunteer experience by developing the New York volunteer recruitment and management strategy and by executing all local volunteer events. The Volunteer Manager will be in charge of all volunteer communications and will work closely with the rest of the New York Team to coordinate volunteer roles at workshops and other events, including career seminars, panels and celebrations. In addition, the Volunteer Manager will manage the Young Leadership Board (YLB), a volunteer-led group that works to raise funds and enhance the ANY volunteer experience and program. The Volunteer Manager will collaborate with the Internships and Program Coordinator, NY Executive Director, and Development team to support fundraising and alumni initiatives, including but not limited to Mentor Coach Alumni participation in workshops and social and fundraising events. The New York Volunteer Manager will collaborate with the National, Illinois, California, and New Jersey teams on developing a national volunteer strategy.
The ideal candidate will display management skills and meticulous attention to detail, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be highly-organized. S/he will enjoy engaging external stakeholders, multi-tasking, event planning and collaborating with a team. We are looking for a strong and charismatic communicator, someone who will harness the energy and spirit of our volunteers (highly accomplished young professionals) to create impact for the students we serve.
- Delivering ANY’s Saturday career development workshops with the NY team, including presenting and facilitating content and logistics
· Managing 200 Mentor Coaches, and engaging hundreds of other volunteers
- Inspiring high levels of volunteer engagement by serving as the external face of the organization for volunteers
- Managing the recruitment and selection of diverse and accomplished industry professionals to sign-on for a two-year commitment to serve as a Mentor Coach
- Managing volunteer communications, including managing workshop RSVPs, tracking attendance and responding to special requests
- Serving as staff liaison to, train, manage and assist in the coordination of special events and fundraising for the YLB
- Supporting mentoring relationships, including matching Fellows and Mentor Coaches, mediating or re-matching pairs as necessary and participating in class support team meetings to ensure successful program participation for Mentor Coaches and Fellows
- Recruiting and managing additional volunteers and alumni (such as panelists and guest speakers)
- Defining and communicating internal and external opportunities to volunteers by managing intake and screening of periodic or one-time volunteers
- As ANY workshops are held on Saturdays and recruitment events may occur in the evenings, this position will require flexibility and willingness to work nontraditional work hours
- Maintaining up to date volunteer information in Salesforce
- Distributing, tracking and following up on volunteer surveys
- Additional projects and duties as determined by ANY
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years working with volunteers
- Experience managing full time staff a plus
- Outcomes-driven project management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
· Excellent people management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve and effectively lead difficult conversations
· Impeccable attention to detail and ability to prioritize workload
· Superb verbal and written communication skills
· Experience managing a high volume of communications
· Strong public speaker, comfortable delivering program content and representing the organization to internal and external audiences
· High level of energy, proactivity and commitment
· Strong interest in and willingness to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
· Data-driven and systems-oriented (Microsoft Office proficiency, especially Microsoft Excel, required and experience with Salesforce preferred)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Volunteer Manager – Last_Name, First_Name). Please note that your application will not be considered without a cover letter. No phone calls please.