436 14th Street
Reports to: Chief of Staff
Location: Oakland Office
Hours: 40 Hours/Week; Exempt
The Dream Corps is an incubator, platform and home for world-changing initiatives. We bring people together to solve America's toughest problems. #YesWeCode, #cut50, #GreenForAll, and the #LoveArmy are initiatives of the Dream Corps. We work to close prison doors and open doors of opportunity. We fight hate with Love + Power.
Donor Engagement Manager coordinates, implements and provides support in managing partnerships, coalitions and funder relationships for the Dream Corps. Duties of the Donor Engagement manager will include planning and executing fundraising events for the organization. They will work with staff and volunteers to plan, coordinate, and implement events designed to raise funds for and promote community awareness of the Dream Corps programs and services. They are responsible for meeting an annual revenue target by working with an assigned portfolio of donors and prospects to increase event sponsorship.
- Support the Office of the President and CEO in planning and executing a year-round donor engagement program;
- Implement a moves-management protocol for all donors and prospects, including multiple touch points for donor engagement.
- Support National Director’s donor portfolios, including setting the annual schedule for calls and meetings, preparation of briefing materials including donor research, preparation of appropriate meeting collaterals, etc.
- In partnership with Board members, develop and support their personal annual fundraising plans.
- Conduct donor and funder prospect research.
- Work with staff responsible for the donor database to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the recording, analysis, and reporting functions.
- Monitor social media accounts and activities of our “watch list” influencers. Post supporting messages when needed;
- Create and support initiatives in holding and managing a strategy for key relationships and celebrities.
- Coordinate donor cultivation, donor engagement, and fundraising events for the Dream Corps and its initiatives.
- Manage all aspects of event coordination including:
- Create and manage all special event timelines, including goals, expected outcomes, costs, and other inputs.
- Work with the Communications and Program staff to develop materials related to events including external communications, printed event materials (including signage, programs, name tags, etc.) and event scripts.
- Draft and oversee budgets for each event.
- Coordinate work with external and internal stakeholders including hosts, vendors and donors.
- Manage day of logistics including preparation, staff/volunteer management, set-up, event execution and tear-down.
- Support Director of Development to secure sponsors, participants, and grow ticket sales.
- Update and maintain a calendar of fundraising events
Development Team Systems Support:
- Update donor records in contact management system (Salesforce) following all donor interactions.
- Assist development team in meeting fundraising goals (including foundations, online donations)
- Assist in performing regular administrative duties in a timely and efficient manner; including but not limited to recording and tracking donor contracts and payments, reviewing and submitting event related invoices for payment, writing acknowledgement and thank you letters, assembling donor solicitation packets, creating and updating donor/program related forms, researching both monetary and in-kind funding sources, writing solicitation letters, executing mass mailings.
- Carry out any additional assignments required to fulfill the mission of Dream Corps
- A people person with the ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented to manage event timelines and marketing processes.
- A team player committed to developing and working within a collaborative environment and to ensuring the highest customer service orientation.
- Experience with Salesforce or other donor database applications a plus.
- Experience working in the non-profit or philanthropic sectors.
Salary is competitive and standard benefits are provided.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit a resume and entertaining cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Donor Engagement Manager – [YOUR NAME]”” in the subject line. Your cover letter must address the following:
- Your experience and how it translates to this job
- Why do you want this particular job?
- Why do you want to work for Dream Corps?
Your cover letter should tell us why you will be great at this job and why you want to work with us. Use it to tell us something your resume can’t tell us. Applications without a cover letter will not be read. Applications or cover letters with typos or other mistakes will not be considered.