200 High St.
Supporting over 200 year-round employees and over 500 seasonal employees at our properties across the Commonwealth, the Human Resources Representative will assist in the day-to-day operations and communications of the human resources office. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Representative serves an integral role in the areas of recruiting, welcoming and orienting new employees, being a resource for employee human resources inquiries, and administering policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Provide recruitment support including posting and updating job openings and closings, scheduling interviews, and ensuring follow-up communications with applicants when positions are filled
- Process and track necessary background checks (driving, CORI/SORI and other) for year-round and seasonal staff
- Coordinate the new-hire process by communicating with employees before start date, ensuring orientations and new-hire tasks are scheduled and completed, conducting HR orientations
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll changes
- Oversee timely benefits enrollment for new employees and changes for current employees
- Proactively work with hiring managers to ensure seasonal employees are being properly categorized (for 401k, health insurance, and other)
- Serve as resource to staff for questions relating to benefits, the Paycom system, and general human resources information
- Respond to employment verification requests
- Provide administrative support for staff recognition programs by determining eligibility, assisting in the selection of award gifts, creating certificates, and other associated tasks
- Assist with annual training programs (including Seasonal Hiring training and Performance Management training) for staff and managers
- Create and maintain all paper personnel and department records, including filing
- Regularly update organization charts and create and run routine reports
- Assist in the annual benefits open enrollment process
- Lead in the creation of an HR operations manual and oversee regular updates
- Other duties and project assistance as required
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of administrative work experience, preferably in Human Resources
- High level of professionalism, tact, discretion and diplomacy required for dealing with personnel at all levels of the organization; ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); familiarity with Paycom or other payroll software desirable
- Strong customer service skills along with strong written and oral communication skills
- High aptitude for detail with commitment to accuracy and follow-through is essential
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills are essential
About The Trustees of Reservations
The Trustees is an organization with a fascinating past and an exciting future. Our places are open to all and we thrive by involving as many people as possible in what we do. Founded in 1891, by a group of visionary volunteers, we preserve, for public use and enjoyment, properties of exceptional scenic, historic, and ecological value in Massachusetts and work to protect special places across the state. We have helped protect more than 50,000 acres, including 26,000+ acres on 116 reservations that are all open to the public. We are a nonprofit conservation organization funded and supported entirely by our visitors, supporters, volunteers, and more than 50,000 members.
Benefits and Salary
The Trustees offers competitive salaries and the opportunity to be part of a dedicated team across the Commonwealth who love the outdoors, who love the distinctive charms of New England, and who believe in celebrating and protecting our special places, for everyone, forever.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply by following this link:
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Trustees of Reservations aim to create a thriving, inclusive workplace that values each member of our team. We aspire to reflect and effectively serve the residents and communities of Massachusetts who are at the core of our mission.
We kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.