Details: $15-$20 per hour depending on experience
256 Washington Street
Work primarily in various community settings including the homes of program participants who are adults in mental health or substance use recovery.
· Provide advocacy, outreach, recovery and crisis support.
· Assist participants to regain independence within the community and mastery over their own recovery process.
· Assist participants to identify their own individual warning signs of relapse and identifying and developing individual coping strategies and crisis prevention tools.
· Provide supportive peer counseling with respect to mental health, substance abuse, rehabilitation strategies and self-help opportunities.
· Use tools such as the Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) to assist peers in creating their own individual wellness and recovery plans.
· Promote community socialization, recovery, self-advocacy, self-help, development of natural supports.
· Maintain confidential information within guidelines established by HIPAA and TGCW’s Confidentiality Policy.
· Maintain complete electronic and paper records, daily activity logs, mileage logs, and other reports as directed.
· Participate in professional development trainings webinars, and continuing education services.
· Represent peers as needed on agency and community committees. Complete all other assignments as directed.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required