555 8th Avenue
Start Date: Immediate
Location: New York, NY
CMO Website: www.hebrewpublic.org
About the Organization:
Hebrew Public: Charter Schools for Global Citizens
Hebrew Public is a fast-growing New York City-based network of diverse-by-design public charter schools that teach children of all backgrounds to become productive global citizens. Our schools are among the most racially and economically integrated in the nation. Our program model weaves together foreign language instruction, personalized learning, social and emotional learning, and academic rigor. Hebrew Public currently manages three elementary and two middle school programs in New York City, and is opening an elementary school program in Philadelphia in 2019.
As a Recruitment and Selection Manager, you will work closely with school and network leaders to identify, attract, and hire a diverse group of exceptional teachers, school leaders and network staff. This position will report directly to the Chief Talent Officer. In this role you will cultivate and support the selection of a deep talent bench for our schools and network. We will look to you to build lasting relationships in the NYC education community and beyond, and to be a brand ambassador for the organization in all aspects of your work.
- Promote Hebrew Public as a unique place for educators, with its focus on global citizenship, diversity, social and emotional learning, and a rich intellectual life for teachers.
- Identify opportunities to recruit a diverse group of high-performing teachers and leaders aligned with our model, and stimulate their interest in Hebrew Public.
- Facilitate a seamless recruitment and selection process, providing first-class customer service both for candidates and for network and school managers.
- Build close and effective relationships with Heads of School and Assistant Heads of School to match talent to schools’ needs.
- Cultivate relationships and build a network, to maintain a pipeline of top-tier candidates.
- Manage and work the selection process for high profile roles within the network (e.g Head of School hiring, Director-level staff, etc). This can include application review, phone screening, scheduling and hosting informational meetings.
- Run selection days efficiently so that candidates receive the highest levels of customer service.
- Host and attend recruitment events on some nights and weekends, plus some travel.
- Other duties as assigned to support the general efficiency and operations of the Talent team.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3+ years of recruitment and / or selection experience.
- K-12 teaching experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to recognize and attract outstanding talent.
- Ability to connect deeply with people, maintain trust, and navigate sensitive issues with colleagues and candidates.
- A strong work ethic and commitment to results.
- Proven ability and desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- A desire and ability to prioritize and execute on multiple projects at once.
- Highly organized and diligent, with top-notch project-management skills.
- Sense of humor.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY:
To be considered, interested applicants must submit a resume and detailed cover letter to our Director of Talent and Recruitment: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hebrew Public is committed to building a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Candidates of color and those from backgrounds that are underrepresented in school leadership roles are particularly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required