The Justice Center is a national nonprofit organization that provides practical, nonpartisan advice and consensus-driven strategies, informed by available evidence, to increase public safety and strengthen communities. In general, the Justice Center works closely with legislative leaders, judges, prosecutors, defense attorneys, victim advocates, and others to develop consensus on various, often highly politicized, criminal justice issues and to translate this consensus into comprehensive reports, policy briefs, state and federal legislation, model policies, and innovative programs. The Justice Center not only develops written and web-based materials, but also provides on-the-ground technical assistance to cross-systems policymakers and practitioners from multiple systems (corrections, mental health, housing, etc.), in state and local jurisdictions.
The program assistant is responsible for providing administrative, operational, and programmatic support for staff in the Behavioral Health Division in the CSG Justice Center's New York City office. The Behavioral Health division includes projects and technical assistance focusing on reducing the overrepresentation of people with mental and co-occurring substance use disorders who are involved in the criminal justice system. The program assistant will have multiple consistent responsibilities, as well as provide ongoing ad hoc support for the team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support including: processing expense reimbursements, coordinating travel, supporting data entry and quality, organizing and archiving files, and assisting with video-conferencing for internal meetings;
- Provide programmatic support including: assistance in monitoring project-based timelines, revising and enhancing presentations, and supporting the development of reports, memos, talking points, and publications;
- Schedule meetings and prepare agendas, correspondence, memoranda and other materials for distribution;
- Assist in external meeting and large-scale conference planning including assembling and preparing materials, assisting with outreach and communication, and providing on-site support;
- Coordinate and provide technical and logistical support in facilitating web-based events;
- Track the division's progress in meeting key deliverables and milestones that build toward strategic goals;
- Regularly review the division's internal data, identify areas for improvement, and assist in generating reports;
- Track and assist in drafting grant reports to comply with responsibilities to funders.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks in an efficient and accurate manner;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including maturity, an ability to work independently and in a team setting, and a sense of humor;
- Strong ability to proactively exercise initiative and good judgment; and
- Strong office management skills and computer proficiency using Windows and/or Macintosh operating systems.
- The ideal candidate will have at least one year of logistical and/or administrative work experience, ideally in a non-profit setting.
- A college degree is required.
Physical Requirements Essential to Perform the Duties of the Job
- Frequently communicates with internal and external coworkers and customers.
- Frequently views the computer to create spreadsheets, complete expense reports, write memos and presentations.
- Frequently remains in a sitting position to perform desk duties.
- Frequently uses the computer with fingers and hands.
- Frequently works in a well lit, tempered room.
- Occasionally walks throughout office to communicate to coworkers.
- Seldom lifts objects such as with weight up to 25 pounds such as files or paper boxes.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Short & Long Term Disability, Life, Paid Holidays, Paid Personal Time, Paid Sick Time, Paid Parental Leave
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.