500 19th Street Northeast
District of Columbia
Postdoctoral Psychology Fellow
Announcing a new opportunity to partner with Georgetown Hospital and work at an innovative charter boarding school targeting foster care youth
About Monument Academy
Monument Academy is partnering with Georgetown University Hospital to be the clinical site for the postdoctoral fellowship position during the 2018-2019 school-year. Monument Academy is a weekday boarding school serving 160 students in the 5th - 8th grade. The mission of Monument Academy is to provide students, particularly those who have had contact with the foster care system, with the requisite academic, social, emotional, and life skills to be successful in college, career, and community. Monument Academy will fulfill its mission by providing stability, adult connection, high-quality academics, therapeutic support, and life skills for pre-teens and teens. Specifically, the postdoctoral position will provide therapeutic supports to help students regulate emotions and interpersonal effectiveness in both the academic and residential setting.
About the Position
As a member of the Student Well-Being team, the Psychology Postdoctoral Fellow will play an integral role in the development and implementation of a mission-aligned clinical program throughout all aspects of the school. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing DBT individual and group therapy, and support to the residential component of the sconument, as well as training and supervision in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy. Training and supervision on trauma interventihool. At Monument Academy, the Psychology Postdoctoral Fellow will receive direct supervision from the Clinical Director at Mons such as Attachment Regulation and Competency (ARC), and TF-CBT, is also available. The Post-doctoral fellows will also receive training didactics through Georgetown University Hospital Psychiatry department. The dydacics will focus in trauma-informed practices, psychopharmacology, DBT, and developmentally appropriate care. This post-doctoral fellow will also conduct psychological evaluations to provide diagnostic clarification, inform treatment, and determine eligibility for an Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
Candidates should possess the following experience, credentials, and skills:
- Applicants should have a Ph.D./Psy.D. in clinical psychology, and have completed their Pre-doctoral Internship working within the child/adolescent population
- Experience in administering child and/or adolescent psychological evaluations - preferable experience with executive functioning and trauma measures
- Experience in a residential or school setting, and/or program that works directly with at-risk youth
- Experience working with at-risk populations in an urban/diverse setting, and/or working with families involved in the child-welfare system
- Preferred experience providing individual and group therapy to youth and demonstrated success with children and adolescents with high social, emotional, and behavioral needs
- Experience working with traumatized youth
- Cultural competence in working with students and families from different racial, ethnic, linguistic, and sexual orientation backgrounds
- Experience with DBT therapy a plus
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills for understanding and interpreting data to inform instruction and other practices
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize, delegate, manage time and tasks to meet deadlines
- Proven track record working collaboratively with a team and ability to connect with families/caregivers
Hours: This position will be roughly between the hours of 11am - 8pm.
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Monument Academy compensates the Postdoctoral Fellowship at a competitive salary. The school offers a strong benefits package that includes health care (HMO and PPO options), retirement plan (employer match available), and Flexible Spending accounts.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Visit the “Careers” page on www.monumentacademy.org. Click the “Apply Here” link. You will be asked to create a profile, then fill out an application, including uploading your resume and cover letter. Salary and benefits are competitive, and commensurate with education, and level of work experience. Monument Academy is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and encourages applicants from all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected status. All employment decisions are made solely on the basis of the individual’s qualifications, as related to the requirements of the position being filled.