2401 Liberty Heights Avenue
Our Community Managers guide the translation of Thread’s mission, vision, and values by providing coaching, support, and training to members of a Thread Community. A Thread Community is a portfolio of 300+ volunteers and as many as 120 youth and young adults.
In order to do so effectively, the Community Managers have up to twelve volunteers which they work with directly called Thread GrandParents. In turn, GrandParents coach volunteer Heads of Family, and Heads of Family coach Thread Family Member volunteers. Community Managers oversee the effective and consistent implementation of this Model, ensuring Thread volunteers and youth are fully supported.
A Community Manager’s responsibilities are diverse, spanning community building, volunteer engagement, mobilization, and performance and project management. They reinforce relationships between volunteers and youth that provide social, emotional, academic and professional support. Community Managers also facilitate access to programming, external resources, and tools that are needed for the community to thrive. This is done by coaching and working through the Thread Model to achieve larger organizational outcomes, including volunteer retention, high school graduation and post-secondary degree and/or certification completion.
Success is highly dependent upon building positive, long-term relationships with Thread volunteers, resource teams, collaborators, staff and youth. In order to ensure exemplary volunteer and youth outcomes, the Community Managers are responsible for data analysis, project management, strategy creation and implementation.
- Build positive, long-term relationships with Thread volunteers, especially GrandParents
- Facilitate and encourage relationships among volunteers and youth
- Foster a culture of relationship-based community as the foundation to successful individuals and exemplary outcomes
- Assist volunteers in connecting with both internal and external resources when needed
- Cultivate and retain high-performing GrandParents and Heads of Family
Volunteer Engagement and Mobilization:
- Ensure retention and engagement of Thread Family Member volunteers
- Communicate, deploy and work through the Thread Community Model
- Execute, and drive attendance to, volunteer meetings and events
- Hold monthly coachings with GrandParents to align and strategize around Thread Family
- goals and tactics
Performance and Project Management:
- Continuously monitor metrics and project milestones, adjusting strategy and implementation as needed in order to ensure exemplary outcomes
- Create and execute strategies to drive attendance to youth and community programming
- Ensure clarity and accountability around measurements of success for volunteers
- General community management, including budget management, ensuring operational policies are followed, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Passion for working with volunteers, youth and their families
- Experience with community-based organizations or initiatives
- Exceptional leadership, mobilization and coaching skills, leading to exemplary outcomes
- Confident in data monitoring and analyzation
- High technology proficiency, especially Google Suite and database or data management
- software, with a willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Excellent project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex environments and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly responsive and flexible in communication style
- Able to inspire in one-on-one, small and large group interactions
- Team-oriented, collaborative and a facilitator
- Important attributes for the Community Manager role: strategic, innovative, solutions-oriented, self-driven, positive, willing to be vulnerable, focus on capacity building
- Amenable to working unusual hours to accommodate for volunteer schedules, including evening meetings at least twice per week
- Ability to make minimum two-year commitment to the position
Competitive salary and benefits offered.
- 15 days per annum of paid time off
- 12 holidays
- 100% of employee-only coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please complete an application by following this link. Due to the volume of inquiries, we will not be able to respond to all applicants.