Visionary Home Builders is seeking an Asset Manager to evaluate, organize and provide financial analysis to our affordable multi-family housing properties.
The Asset Manager is responsible for a portfolio of up to 30 properties and is the primary contact for the assigned portfolio’s investors and lenders. The Asset Manager acts as the representative of the owner of each property, specifically in the capacity as the General Partner of our projects. The Asset Manager is directly responsible for ensuring that the long-term financial health of properties in their portfolio meets Visionary Home Builders, owner and lender requirements.
Your Day to Day Activity:
· Establish and maintain good working relationships with lenders and investors as their primary contact for the Visionary Home Builders portfolio.
· Manages the annual budget process with their portfolio, working directly with Property Management and, where applicable, Development staff to analyze budgets against Visionary Home Builders benchmarks and goals and proposes creative solutions to cash-flow and financial ratio issues.
· Ensures properties are meeting affordability, operating expense per unit, reserve funding, and surplus cash distribution goals as required under all agreements or regulations.
- Handle property tax related matters including valuations and exemptions, including challenges to Board of Equalization findings, initial exemption filings, and annual exemption filings
- Financial contract administration, including loan closings, annual contract rent increases, loan renewals, renegotiations, limited partner buyouts, and other end of contract term matters
· Bachelor Degree in the field of Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related field.
· A minimum of three years’ experience in real estate or finance with a heavy emphasis on financial analysis of large portfolios.
· Must have experience in at least four of the following areas: non-profit affordable housing, refinancing of debt, HUD regulatory programs, real estate accounting, financial analysis, property management or project development.
· Demonstrated proficiency using Excel and Word.
· Ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities.Opens a new windowOpens a new windowOpens a new window
· Exercise good judgment, assessment, and have good problem solving skills
· Excellent writing and communication skills
· Transfer lessons learned between similar tasks and projects
· Strong time management skills
· Work collaboratively with people in other departments and skill levels
· Engage diplomatically and effectively with lenders and regulators
· Dependability, initiative, and follow-through
· Ability to work with, and sensitivity to, a diverse, low-income, multi-ethnic population
OUR MISSION is to create and advocate for healthy, vibrant, safe communities through the development of affordable housing and educational opportunities to families, seniors and individuals of low and moderate income.
Minimum Education Required