Associate Director, Healthy Eating, Active Living (Remote)
- Job posted by Alliance for a Healthier Generation
For more than a decade, the Alliance for a Healthier Generation has worked to empower kids to develop lifelong, healthy habits, by ensuring the environments that surround them provide and promote good health. The Alliance, founded by the American Heart Association and Clinton Foundation, operates as an independent 501c3 non-profit organization guided by its own Board of Directors. As one of the nation’s largest children’s health organizations focusing on combating childhood obesity, the Alliance utilizes the best available scientific evidence of programs, policies and practices that positively impact healthy eating and physical activity behaviors among youth. The Alliance’s current work directly impacts more than 25 million children, with a focus on low-income and minority populations who are at increased risk for poor health, obesity and other diseases. To learn more and join the movement, visit www.HealthierGeneration.org.
It is the goal of the Alliance to fill employment vacancies with the most qualified applicants, whether recruiting internally or externally. Strong consideration will be given to qualified internal candidates. All internal and external candidates must comply with application requirements.
The Associate Director, HEAL is responsible for the overall management and implementation of the Healthy Schools Program within key targeted states/regions across the nation. This position will manage program staff, refine the program delivery to align with funder expectations and ensure the execution of grant deliverables. The Associate Director is also responsible for the collaboration with HSCP leadership in providing essential project/program management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Gather and synthesize program information, key team accomplishments, challenges and activities for funder reports and Healthier Generation Leadership.
· Ensure grant deliverables are met, including program outcomes, budget, data collection and implementation of evaluation activities.
· Collaborate with other departments to develop processes and tools to facilitate the collection and sharing of knowledge generation by programs and functions.
· Contribute to the development of grant proposals and reports, including communications and relationship building with funders.
· Develop and manage the implementation of HSCP programmatic strategies to achieve organizational and funder goals and objectives.
· Consult and collaborate with supervisor, and where appropriate, support HSCP leadership, on the growth, development, implementation, and assessment of special projects and initiatives that support growth, scalability and sustainability of HSCP.
· Collaborate with Healthier Generation teams, such as marketing and communications team, the strategic partnerships team, among others, to support site engagement and facilitate change.
· Manage, coach, mentor, and guide team to support day to-day operations, team organization: including offsites, team calls and meetings.
· Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Demonstrated supervisory skills to include coaching and mentoring staff.
· Strong project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple projects, timelines and ability to deliver on grant specific objectives.
· Demonstrated leadership skills with an ability to work collaboratively with supervisor and others –cross functionally to support initiatives.
· Broad knowledge of school environment and community health, including program implementation, ability to identify opportunities and bring problem solving solutions.
· Self-driven, results-oriented with an ability to manage multiple data sets, inform strategy and communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
· Brings a strategic focus, and a positive and creative approach to problem-solving
· Demonstrates professionalism, has excellent communication skills- verbal, virtual and written.
· Possesses strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish good working relationships with external stakeholders and internal colleagues. Includes high level of knowledge and comfort level when working with funders.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Product Suite
Required frequent travel by car or plane up to 30% of the time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent education and experience; master’s degree in public health, education or related field preferred
· 7 years of experience working with schools, youth development, or public health environments with 5 years of project or program management
· Experience providing leadership, managing and developing staff towards strategic and tactical objectives.
· Experience leading complex projects or programs in a matrixed organization
This job description is subject to change at any time.
The Alliance for a Healthier Generation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- 100% Remote Work
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Health and Dependent Care
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Mentor Program
- Professional Development
- Wellness, Cell Phone and Home Office Stipends
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter on our website.