Part Time Temporary Contract
1816 12th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
CREATIVE AND ENTHUSIASTIC INSTRUCTORS NEEDED
Emerson Preparatory School (9-12) is looking for creative, enthusiastic, patient, and experienced teachers for the Summer and the Fall 2018 terms. These are part-time, term contract positions with the possibility of continued employment.
- Mathematics: One-on-one Geometry & Algebra II
- Mathematics ( 2 Positions): Algebra 1, 2, Geometry, PreCa, Calculus
- Humanities (2 Positions): Spanish, Sign Language (ASL), World/US History
- Sciences: Psychology
- English: College Composition/Literary Analysis
Emerson Preparatory School (Emerson) is an independent high school in the Thurgood Marshall Center within the vibrant Logan Circle/U Street Corridor of Washington, DC (emersonprep.org). We are a small, inclusive, and unique school in classrooms averaging 7- 12 students.
Ideal candidates value the opportunity to work individually with students, ability to generate excitement about learning, can develop lesson plans that inspire student discussion and interaction, and possess strong mentoring skills. The ability to teach across different disciplines is advantageous. Bachelor’s degree required. Content concentration or advanced degree in Secondary Education preferred. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must reside in the DC metropolitan area.
EXPERIENCE, CREDENTIALS, AND SKILLS
- Two or more years of classroom teaching experience in secondary education in an urban setting, inclusive classroom and/or co-teaching experience preferred
- Familiarity and experience with using and teaching the use of educational technology for math instruction and practice
- Experience working with youth with high social emotional needs highly desired
- Cultural competence in working with students and families from different racial, ethnic, linguistic, and sexual orientation backgrounds
- Ability to connect with families
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills for understanding and interpreting data to inform instruction and other practices
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize, delegate, manage time and tasks to meet deadlines
- Proven track record working collaboratively with a team
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an email with resume, cover letter, (indicating the course or courses you are interested in teaching) and “Emerson/Fall 2018 Teaching Positions” as subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Emerson is an equal opportunity employer,
Salary and benefits are competitive, and commensurate with education, and level of work experience. Emerson is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and encourages applicants from all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected status. All employment decisions are made solely based on an individual’s qualifications, as related to the requirements of the position being filled.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send an email with resume, cover letter, (indicating the course or courses you are interested in teaching) and “Emerson Summer/Fall 2018 Teaching Positions” as subject line to email@example.com