Details: Commensurate with experience
4000 Albemarle Street
Nonviolence International (NI) is a non-profit organization dedicated to
promoting nonviolence. The Deputy Director works under the direct supervision
of the NI Executive Director and serves primarily to support the Executive
Director in his/her duties and responsibilities, as determined by the NI President
and/or Board, or as necessitated by program implementation demands.
Generally speaking, the Deputy Director is responsible for the following duties:
1. Financial management
2. Human resources management,
3. Program support and development
4. Office management.
A successful Deputy Director will meet the following qualifications:
• Commitment to the promotion and development of nonviolence and conflict
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Minimum 2 years experience with program support and non-profit financial
• Proficiency and creativity using computers, Internet-based technology, and
financial management software;
• Highly developed organization and time management skills;
• A bachelor’s degree in Peace and Conflict Resolution, International Affairs,
Education, Communications, Business Administration, or another related field.
The following additional qualifications are highly desirable:
• Certified training in nonviolence, human rights advocacy, or similar skills;
• Experience with education, community organizing, media outreach, and/or
similar work to promote nonviolence and conflict resolution;
• Professional experience in fundraising, human resources and office
• International work experience and foreign language proficiency;
• A graduate degree or certificate in a related field.
Compensation: This is a part-time position of 20 hours per week. Salary is
commensurate with experience. The position is based in Washington DC.
Reports to: Executive Director
Positions Reporting to this position. N/A
NI is an equal-opportunity employer, and it does not discriminate on the basis of
age, sex, race, color, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual preference, disability,
veteran status, or any other status or classification protected by applicable laws,
regulations or ordinances.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email us your resume and a cover letter.