The Human Resources Generalist is on the front lines in making LACGC a great place to work, by providing a wide variety of both complex and routine administrative services, including researching, writing and implementing policies and procedures, developing and planning, organizing and administering human resources services (e.g. onboarding and off-boarding, compensation and benefits administration) and leading customer service functions.
- Partners with management to interpret and implement human resources policies and procedures to address departmental and organization-wide HR related needs.
- Provides ongoing direction and support to all LACGC employees regarding a variety of human resources plans and procedures and supports the implementation of programs that help achieve and maintain employee satisfaction.
- Researches, writes and implements policies and procedures according to changes in state and federal law, contract requirements (e.g. DMH) and best practices.
- Manages the employee on-boarding and off-boarding process; partners with management to ensure an understanding of related requirements and procedures.
- Manages the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date records for all employees in the HRIS and coordinates the implementation of new functions or modules.
- Provides customer service support to employees about LACGC’s Health and Welfare plans, Retirement Plans and Worker’s Compensation benefits.
- Assists employees with benefits enrollment; providing explanation of benefit eligibility, waiting periods and key program features.
- Supports employees undergoing life event changes by explaining the options available as well as the impact of such changes on their current benefits.
- Examines enrollment forms for completeness and accuracy, collecting and reviewing all required information and documentation necessary for enrolling employees and their dependents.
- Plays an active role in our annual Open Enrollment process to ensure that employees across the network receive the support necessary to secure their and their dependents’ health benefits coverage.
- Works closely with the Vice President of Human Resources to develop and implement best-in-class approaches to recruiting top talent
- Conducts proactive outreach and cultivation of prospects throughout Southern California.
- Supports high-leverage partnerships to build pipelines of candidates and conducts extensive outreach and networking with university programs, service organizations, and affinity groups to build LACGC visibility and attract candidates.
- Supports hiring managers with building candidate relationships from recruitment through hire.
- Supports with the development and implementation of high-quality leadership selection tools based on best practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, public administration, public policy or a related field from an accredited college or university. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of four years of progressive and related work experience.
- Experience using employee information, payroll, and applicant tracking software/systems is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A strong commitment to advancing LACGC’s mission.
- Knowledge of federal and state labor laws and familiarity with HR best practices
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and cultivate relationships to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit to thrive in a fast-paced and achievement-oriented environment
- Exemplify superior organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail, with an ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to consistently produce high quality work in a dynamic environment.
- Be a self-starter and demonstrate an ability to solve problems and remove barriers to the advancement of HR goals and initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills that are rooted in a customer-service focus and accurately and effectively conveying information.
- Ability to work effectively in emotionally charged and difficult situations that involve confidential or sensitive matters
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., MS Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook) and general ability to adapt to new technology systems and applications.
- Willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic team.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- LACGC prides itself in offering its employees a competitive salary that places them at or above the market rate.
- LACGC offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as a $10,000 life insurance policy and paid sick and vacation time benefits.
- LACGC employees benefit from a 401(k) company match contribution and profit sharing benefit, as well as the opportunity to contribute to a 529 College Savings Plan.
Minimum Education Required