One Pierrepont Plaza - Suite 901
About the Program
At Graham Windham our Family Foster Care programs help children to get back to their families, adopted into a new family or connected to someone who is willing to be an anchor for children, throughout their childhood and into adulthood. To help us do that, we have hundreds of loving & highly qualified foster parents primarily in Brooklyn, Manhattan, the Bronx and Westchester County- who serve as our foster children's substitute family.
About the Position
Graham Windham's Treatment Family Foster Care program seeks a Socio-Therapist to work with children and youth who need a higher level of care than a regular foster home can provide. The socio-therapist works in conjunction with the case planner to ensures that every one of the children on the caseload is living a nurturing, safe, and permanent family as quickly as possible.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement, assess and monitor, for each child, an Antecedent, Behavior and Consequences (ABC) behavioral and treatment plan and weekly Systematic Teaching and Evaluation Process (S.T.E.P.) Charts
- Monitor and obtain, from resource parents, medications, dosages and daily medication distribution as recorded on the monthly TFBH Medication Charts,
- Provide weekly face-to-face child contact, once a month in the TFBH with the resource parent present and participate in monthly school contact, which includes one face-to-face quarterly school contact; as well as participating in all educational planning, including IEP evaluations and obtaining report cards and annual test scores.
- Full-time position; salary in the $30’s, in accordance with qualifications.
- Graham Windham offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, holiday pay, retirement savings plan, and much more.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Requires BSW or BA degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, or related field;
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred; Must be able to travel within NYC Metropolitan area;
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management and organizational skills;
- Computer literate, MS Office - NYS Connections;
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
Minimum Education Required