Details: Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Point Reyes Station
Major Gifts Associate
Founded in 1980 by a broad coalition of ranchers, environmentalists, and community leaders, Marin Agricultural Land Trust (MALT) is a member-based nonprofit organization dedicated to permanently protecting Marin County farmland for farming and ranching. We also work with agricultural landowners and public and private partners to support and enhance agricultural viability and sustainability locally and regionally.
MALT’s comfortable office is located just off Highway One in the vibrant community of Point Reyes Station in beautiful West Marin, home to Cowgirl Creamery, Bovine Bakery, and Toby’s Feed Barn. Access to Tomales Bay, Point Reyes National Seashore, and other outdoor wonders is only minutes away. We offer competitive salary, paid vacation and sick time, health, dental and vision insurance, retirement benefits, family friendly policies, and a commitment to honoring work/life balance. Come join our team of highly motivated and passionate staff who care deeply about our mission and one another.
The Major Gifts Associate (MGA) helps ensure the smooth operation of MALT’s major gifts program, helping MALT reach major gifts revenue targets and reach departmental milestones. The person in this role will support frontline fundraisers, organize committee meetings, coordinate timely gift acknowledgement, and assist with donor cultivation events and stewardship activities. This position reports to the Major Gifts Officer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Administration and Data Management
· General administrative support for Major Gifts function of the Development Team; schedule and support internal and committee meetings
· Maintain accurate, up to date information, including maintaining clean and accurate records on the fundraising database, Raiser’s Edge.
· Produce activity, progress, and financial reports as necessary
· Coordination of major gift data requests, mailing plans and list review to support highly personalized outreach
· Support the development and maintenance of tools and processes for planning, tracking, managing donor moves and reporting on key metrics. Assist in capturing and entering donor and prospect information and interactions.
· Coordination of quarterly Development and Communications Committee meetings to include calendaring, venue reservation, refreshments. Attend meetings, take and distribute meeting notes.
· Maintain master major gift calendar
· Major gift administration including timely acknowledgements and coordination of thank you calls, logging gifts as needed.
· Assemble donor packets and other collateral to support donor meetings and receptions
· Support major donor tours and events from planning through execution and follow-up including: coordination of guest lists, invitations, RSVPs, briefing notes, refreshments, event logistics and collateral, post-event follow-up.
· Assist with major donor prospect research as needed, preparation of basic donor profiles
· Bachelor’s degree and 2+ year experience in a nonprofit fundraising environment
· Prior experience working in a donor database such as Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, etc.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; exceptional interpersonal skills; strong organizational skills; attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines
· Commitment to MALT’s mission to protect the land that sustains us
· High level of discretion
· Ability to work well with donors, prospects, Board members, and program staff
This is a full-time, non-exempt position at MALT’s office in Point Reyes Station. Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in PDF format email@example.com.
No phone calls, no walk-ins, no recruiters.
MALT is an equal-opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required