4601 Presidents Drive
About Our Organization
The Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence (MNADV) is the federally-designated statewide domestic violence coalition that brings together victim service providers, allied professionals, and concerned individuals in Maryland for the common purpose of reducing intimate partner and family violence and its harmful effects on our citizens. The Network accomplishes this goal by providing education, training, resources, and advocacy to advance victim safety and abuser accountability.
The Fiscal Manager is a key team member of the financial and accounting operations of the Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence, with responsibilities ranging from daily accounting tasks to annual regulatory compliance. The Fiscal Manager ensures financial policies and procedures are enforced as well as maintaining accurate and up-to-date accounting records.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices and other accounting documents
· Accounts Payable Processing Review: coordinate with staff, resolve open vendor payment issues, and process invoices into accounting software.
· Accounts Receivable: invoicing and cash receipts processing review
· Record Revenue and expense transactions
· General Ledger maintenance
· Resolve accounting discrepancies
· Monthly accounting reconciliations (including bank reconciliations, accrued leave and pre-paid expenses)
· Monthly accounts receivable aging reports
· Preparation of grant draws bi-weekly, as needed
· Monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports (to include grant reporting)
· Monthly budget to actual reporting
· Preparation of annual property and sales tax reports
· Bi-weekly payroll processing and fringe allocations
· Monthly processing of staff and contractor prepared expense reports and MNADV credit card transaction processing.
· W-2, 941 and 1099 annual review/processing by ADP.
· Assistance with the preparation of information for annual Maryland Charitable Solicitation renewal, Maryland Charity Campaign and Combined Federal Campaign renewals.
· Assist with monitoring of bank activities through on-line systems.
· Other financial reporting prepare reports needed for other financial reporting needs, including insurance audits.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience producing comparable knowledge and abilities
· 3-4 years of experience in accounting and financial management
· Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles
· Experience working with financial and accounting software systems
· Financial auditing experience
Skills and Styles:
· Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
· 3 or more years working in a non-profit organization is preferred; in-depth knowledge of Non-profit Accounting Principles is a plus.
· Must have analytical experience, be accurate and detailed oriented, well organized and exercise sound judgment in decision-making.
· Must have extensive experience and skilled in the use of software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and QuickBooks.
· Ability to be self-directed and contribute in a team environment.
· Ability to interact effectively among all levels of the organization in a professional manner.
· A positive attitude and strong work ethic.
· Affinity to the mission of the Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence
How We Value You:
· Position is on-site, 40 hours per week.
· MNADV-paid health care available for the employee
· Employee-paid vision and dental insurance available
· 11 paid holidays
· 20 days of paid leave is accrued (sick and vacation)
· Reimbursement for national and statewide travel.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
People of color, LGBTQIA+ persons, survivors of interpersonal violence, and women are strongly encouraged to apply. MNADV is committed to providing an inclusive, welcoming and safe environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients where employees respect one another and share a commitment to our organization’s mission, values, and strategies. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. MNADV does not and shall not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Position will remain open until filled. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis. A criminal background check is required. Applicants must submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Only applicants who have been selected for an interview will be notified. Please no calls.