Is responsible for planning, organizing, scheduling, and facilitating of all ACE’s publications, both print and digital. Liaises between internal clients and the editorial and design, marketing, web, and public affairs teams to ensure the efficient production, distribution, and fulfillment of these publications. Schedules and conducts all project planning meetings and creates and maintains all production calendars.
Essential Job Duties or Tasks:
- Collaborates with design and editorial team, and other internal stakeholders (including marketing and web) to produce, process, and deliver the Council’s publications in an efficient and timely manner.
- Schedules and conducts all project planning meetings and weekly production meetings.
- Creates and maintains all production calendars and keeps members of the team updated on the status of all current production projects utilizing current technologies.
- Serves as customer liaison by obtaining print information, deadlines, and proof approval.
- Coordinates the editing and layout of all marketing emails.
- Maintains the LinkedIn and Facebook social media calendar.
- Completes purchase orders and secures rights for the use of images from third parties, including stock agencies, higher education institutions, the Library of Congress, etc.
- Organizes and maintains all documents/files in the correct departmental folders on the proper servers
- Monitors the Publications inbox and completes senders’ requests (i.e., mailing address updates, issues with ordering a publication) or forwards to appropriate department
- Performs other administrative tasks as assigned, including processing travel reimbursements, ordering office supplies, etc.
Education/Experience/Specialized Knowledge and Competency Requirements:
- Highly proficient in using a variety of software programs, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills; excellent written and verbal skills; significant experience with databases; and strong general office skills and attention to detail.
- Positions at this level require a college degree, possibly with minimal level of work experience (or some equivalent preparation) or significant experience as a Coordinator or the equivalent.
**Resume and a cover letter required during the application process**
The American Council on Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, disability, matriculation, genetic information, credit information or protected veteran status.