1616 16th Street
Playwrights Foundation, a leading Bay Area arts nonprofit and the top new play development lab on the West Coast, is looking for an Operations Manager to join our fabulous team starting April 13th, 2018.
We’re looking for someone who can step in and hit the ground running to create, use, and maintain strong and efficient administrative systems to support all aspects of the organization. We have a collaborative, creative, supportive, inclusive, and enthusiastic team.
The ideal candidate is extremely well-organized, level-headed, detail-oriented but able to see the big picture, and has both common sense and a sense of humor. This is not an artistic position, but creativity and a love of the arts, especially theater, is a big plus.
Playwrights Foundation has an inclusive work environment and actively embraces a diversity of people, ideas, talents, and experiences. We highly encourage people of color, individuals with disabilities, and other historically underrepresented groups in our community to apply.
- Coordination and communication with vendors and venues
- Ordering/maintaining office supplies and equipment
- Coordinating with service providers
- Compliance with federal and state workplace laws
- Manage Studio Rentals
DONOR AND DATABASE MANAGEMENT
- Management of donations and donor contact information, including oversight of donation recording, thank you letters
- Database management
- Process deposits
- Day-to-day bookkeeping, using Quickbooks Online
- Manage Accounts Payable & Receivable
- Write checks, generate invoices and bills
- Monitor cash flow
- Pull financial reports
- Liaise with offsite bookkeeper
- Records management and filing
- Payroll processing for actors, using Gusto (Zen Payroll)
- HR paperwork, including artistic and administrative contracts, W9s, W4s, and Actors’ Equity Association contracts and AEA show reports
- Recruit interns
BOX OFFICE AND FRONT OF HOUSE
- Ticketing systems and front of house management for events
- Assisting with planning and managing events
- Concessions procurement and management of concession sales at venue
- Intern and volunteer development and management
- Plan and schedule FOH staff for the Festival
- Management of data in CRM system (Patron Manager)
- 2+ years in an administrative role, preferably in the arts and/or the nonprofit sector
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to understand and plan for organizational needs
- Excellent scheduling and organizational capacity
- Ability to organize and set priorities and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Docs, especially Excel
- Experience using CRM software
- Some managerial experience is a plus
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred
- Experience with cloud-based storage administration a plus
- Experience in arts (especially theater) administration a plus
The successful candidate for this position will be flexible, positive, and have a demonstrated history of arts administration experience. While we’re eager to find someone who exceeds the requirements above, we are willing to provide training for the right candidate.
Hours & Schedule
20 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work required to support performance/reading events.
- Flexible schedule
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume as one PDF file to email@example.com with “Operations Manager” in the subject line. Applications with no resume or cover letter will not be considered. Please do not call.