3601 E 1ST ST
KIPP LA Schools is a non-profit organization that operates free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public charter schools serving students in South, Southeast, and East Los Angeles. KIPP LA’s mission is to teach the academic skills, foster the intellectual habits, and cultivate the character traits needed for our students to thrive in school, college, and life. Through the success of our students, KIPP LA's team and family will serve as a model of excellence and collaborate with others to raise the quality of education in Los Angeles.
KIPP LA currently operates 15 schools and serves approximately 6,500 students. Our team is expanding rapidly; over the next five years, we will more than double the number of students we serve.
The Special Education Case Manager (Lead Education Specialist) will provide leadership and professional development to drive the special education program at assigned sites and within the regional special education team, and ensure compliance to established policies, procedures and/or regulations. This position will report to the Associate Director of Special Education.
- Case-manage all IEPs at assigned sites and be responsible for all IEP development, including IEP meeting coordination and facilitation.
- Develop related goals and objectives and recommend policies, planning, and implementation by working with school staff to meet the needs of students with special needs.
- Serve as a resource for information regarding special education services, programs and policies and ensure that procedures are appropriate in relation to policies required by region, district, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Analyze data, plan activities, monitor programs/services, respond to others and consult with teachers, administrators and KIPP regional staff.
- Address other duties and processes required to maintain the region’s program of services and compliance for assigned sites
- Support general education teachers and administrators in implementation of appropriate strategies to meet the needs of students with IEPs
- Support implementation of accommodations and modifications for students with IEPs in the general education classroom and during Special Education service time
- Analyze assessment results to drive instruction and IEP development
- Develop and assist with appropriate behavior management techniques for students with special needs
- Coordinate progress report completion in accordance with district guidelines
- Train Special Education Instructional Assistants, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning required
- Possession of a valid preliminary or clear Education Specialist (Mild/Moderate) credential with Autism Authorization required
- 2 years of successful and demonstrated case management skills required
- 4 years of successful, full-time teaching experience in Special Education preferred
- Knowledge of LAUSD special education policy, computer-based IEP programs (Welligent) preferred
- Very competitive compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of cost
- KIPP LA life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP LA
- Voluntary Benefits (Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, etc.)
- Generous time off program includes 22 holidays and sick leave
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement, etc.)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit http://go.kippla.org/teach to complete a job application. You will be asked to include your resume and a detailed cover letter demonstrating your interest in working for KIPP LA. Please indicate the title of the position for which you are applying in your cover letter.