Details: $16 - $18 per hour depending on experience and qualifications
615 2nd Avenue
Receptionist/Front Desk Clerk
At Center for Children & Youth Justice (CCYJ) we are dedicated to reforming Washington’s juvenile justice and child welfare systems and improving the lives of children and youth in need. CCYJ leads communities, our state, and the nation in supporting kids, stabilizing families, and strengthening communities through real and lasting reform. CCYJ identifies cracks in the system, researches, and develops creative solutions, and ensures that policymakers embed those reforms into practices and procedures. CCYJ’s results are put into state law, adopted as standing protocols by the courts, schools, and other partners; or developed into new interventions for at-risk, abused or neglected children and their families. We are recognized as leaders and innovators for collaborative, real, and lasting systems change to support children, stabilize families and strengthen communities.
We are looking for a part-time (20 hours per week) Receptionist/Front Desk Clerk to be a member of our passionate, dedicated, and dynamic team. Our passionate staff is deeply committed to the young people for whom we advocate. Join us in making a difference.
The front desk clerk/receptionist performs routine clerical, secretarial, and administrative duties, including greeting guests, answering phones, handling inquiries, and sorting and distributing mail. This position also assists with the planning and preparation of meetings and events, including venue/catering arrangements.
Reports to: Maria Howard, Director of Operations/HR Manager
This position is considered non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Assists with administrative tasks.
- Answers telephone and directs call accordingly.
- Ensures reception area is tidy.
- Greets the public and answers questions, in person and by telephone; responds to inquiries from employees, and refers, when necessary, to the appropriate person.
- Schedules meetings and conference rooms.
- Assist with the planning and preparation of meetings/and or office events to include venue/catering arrangements.
- Sends email and faxes.
- Prepares outgoing mail; sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Duplicates and distributes materials.
- Composes, types and edits correspondence, reports, and other material.
- Assists public with use of department facilities.
- Maintains office supply inventory and orders supplies.
- Operates office machines as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
- Associates Degree is preferred.
- Telephone Skills.
- Familiarity with office machines (e.g. fax, printer, etc.).
- Strong communications and people skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently completing assigned duties in a timely and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people (board members, legislatures, judges, attorneys) in a professional manner using tact, courtesy, and good judgement.
- Knowledge of business English, composition, spelling, and grammar.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position requires the manual dexterity sufficient to operate phones, computers, and other office equipment, and the ability to sit and to use a computer for significant periods of time.
- This person must speak and write clearly using the English language to accurately convey information.
- Generally good working conditions with little or no exposure to extremes in noises, temperature.
- Little or no safety or health hazards.
- Minimal lifting or climbing.
- Work is performed in an office setting.
The compensation range is $16 - $18 per hour depending on experience and qualifications. This is a part-time (20 hours per week). Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 10:30 am – 2:30 pm. CCYJ offers a competitive benefits package that includes fully paid health care premiums, an Orca Pass, Paid Time Off, Sick Leave, Holiday Pay and Floating Holiday Pay.
To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to: email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We value a diverse workforce and encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
CCYJ offers a competitive benefits package that includes fully paid health care premiums, an Orca Pass, Paid Time Off, Sick Leave, Holiday Pay and Floating Holiday Pay.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required