44325 Woodridge Parkway
The primary responsibility of the position is to support the administrative and operational functions of the foundation. In addition, this person will answer phones and screen visitors during the security guard’s lunch break. The person performing this job must represent the Foundation in a professional and courteous manner.
- Greets Visitors/Telephone Duties during security guard break:
- Maintains security of the building by screening and limiting visitor access.
- Answers incoming calls, responds to general questions and directs specific inquiries to staff members.
- Greets and directs visitors to appropriate staff member in a friendly and professional manner.
- Maintains logs and task completion lists of on-site visits by building engineers.
- Receives Deliveries:
- Maintains logs for deliveries (UPS, Fed Ex, Couriers) and directs packages to appropriate staff member.
- Sorts incoming mail for distribution.
- Maintains postage machine in working order, runs monthly usage reports, and ensures adequate postage levels are maintained.
- Responsible for multiple e-mail accounts (Fax, Website inquiries), responds when appropriate, sorts, and routes to appropriate staff member.
- Cross-Departmental Administrative Support:
- Assists with large scale special projects including but not limited to mailings, coordination of staff meetings and catering
- Board of Directors
- Assists with preparation of electronic and physical board packages.
- Responsible for coordination of catering, set up, and clean up for board meetings.
- Manages office supplies by tracking use, stocking supply rooms, placing weekly orders, reconciling invoices, and negotiating competitive pricing.
- Maintains employee/Board rosters and telephone extension lists.
- Maintains inventory and labeling system for Lending Library publications.
- Oversees Kitchen pantry inventory, refrigerator cleaning, and supply restocking.
- Maintains procedures manual for Reception Desk.
- Keeps the lobby and visitor office area tidy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Telephone switchboard systems experience.
- Excellent proficiency with the English language.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite (word, excel, outlook, etc.).
- Use of other office machines, such as postage meter, copier, fax, etc.
- Multi-tasking proficiency.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a receptionist; college graduate preferred.
- Able to bend and lift up to 20 pounds.
QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Takes pleasure in answering the telephone.
- Enjoys interacting with people.
- Professional in manner and dress.
- Prefers working in a small office setting.
- Takes initiative; self-starter.
- Analytical; Creative; Flexible.
Work Hours: M-F, 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Minimum Education Required