ABOUT CANINE PARTNERS OF THE ROCKIES
Canine Partners of the Rockies enables Coloradans with disabilities to live more independent and gratifying lives by partnering them with trained, highly skilled service dogs. We have permanent 501(c)(3) status and are accredited as a Service Dog organization with Assistance Dogs International.
The Director of Development and Communications is responsible for all development activities that increase awareness of the Canine Partners organization and raise funds to support our mission of raising, training, and placing Service Dogs. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all Canine Partners’ marketing and fundraising efforts to include newsletters, campaigns, grant writing, capital campaigns and special events. In addition, the Director also coordinates and oversees the communications generated on behalf of Canine Partners to include written communications, website updates and social media postings.
The Director reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Board of Directors in development and fundraising endeavors. The Director will also be expected to align the marketing and fundraising efforts with the strategic three-year fundraising plan that has been developed.
The following position responsibilities are essential functions of the job. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with minimal supervision:
Marketing and Communications·
- Develop a donor strategy including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors, including both current and prospective donors.·
- Take the lead in executing and providing guidance in outreach efforts, such as targeted events, phone calls, letters, emails, etc. Provide oversight to other staff and volunteers.
- Develop and nurture ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Represent Canine Partners at public events and fundraising opportunities in the community.
- Create innovative collateral to support fundraising activities and marketing strategies.
- Research and network with other organizations to identify new opportunities. This includes engagement with local media.
- Prospect key corporations and review corporate profiles that suggest potential relationships due to passion points or corporate giving interests.
- Capture and leverage critical donor data in CRM tools.
- Establish a fundraising plan and calendar that incorporates a series of appropriate options, such as special events (both virtual and in-person), direct mail appeals, social media activities and website communications. This plan requires alignment with the strategic three-year fundraising plan.
- Research, plan, organize, collaborate, and execute all event logistics and activities focused on developing and expanding our donor community.
- Provide oversight to all staff, volunteers, and board members in fundraising efforts.
- Monitor fundraising efforts to ensure that ethical practices are in place, that donors are recognized appropriately and that fundraising efforts are cost-effective.
- Track success and return on investments of directed fundraising activity.
- Design, implement, and manage development plans focused on enhancing corporate and foundation relationships by directing and coordinating activities related to obtaining corporate support.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA required.
- Four-plus years’ experience in non-profit marketing, fundraising and communications.
- Broad knowledge of current social media capabilities and marketing opportunities
- Experience with website marketing and virtual fundraising
- Proficiency in leveraging donor databases: Constant Contact, HubSpot
- Strong administrative and organizational skills in a fast-paced, expanding organization
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work independently, problem solve and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and critical thinking in all phases of a project from planning through implementation
- Creative and confident communicator across several media forms including websites, social media, blogs, podcasts, email campaigns and other messaging platforms.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and outstanding customer service.
- Practices collaborative team behavior and demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships.