To assist the Director and Assistant Director of Addiction Prevention and Mentoring Programs in the oversight, management, development, and success of Eluna’s Camp Mariposa program. Camp Mariposa is an award-winning year-round addiction prevention and mentoring program for youth ages 9-17 affected by the substance use disorder of a family member. Children and teens attend transformational weekend camps six times a year. Additional social activities are offered for youth, alumni and their families throughout the year. All Camp Mariposa activities are provided free of charge. This position is funded through a grant from the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention that currently runs through September 2022.
· Coordinate and manage all programmatic activities as the primary contact for 2-4 youth serving/mental health organizations who help facilitate the Camp Mariposa programs in their community.
· Monitor Camp Mariposa program and best practice requirements in these 2-4 locations to ensure program quality including, but not limited to, post camp calls, end of year reports, applications, waiver and releases, surveys, budgets, programmatic activities and schedules.
· Assist with development of a new online partner portal through content development, training for staff and camp partners, ongoing oversight of user engagement and development of benefits for the portal.
· Collect, track and store all required programmatic documents.
· Support data collection and entry into Salesforce.
· Update Camp Mariposa Playbook, Communications Toolkit, and CM forms annually.
· Update Camp Mariposa website on an as-needed basis.
· Evaluate and coordinate distribution of program supplies to all Camp Mariposa locations.
· Coordinate donation of in-kind items.
· Support broader Eluna addiction prevention and mentoring initiatives.
· AA or BA in Social Work, Psychology, Communications preferred. High school diploma required.
· Work experience with progressive responsibility considered in lieu of post high school education
· Strong communication skills and experience in customer service a plus
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Experience working with a diverse group of individuals and organizations
· Proven capability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
· Confidentiality, honesty and discretion required
· Commitment to Eluna’s mission
· Experience with Microsoft Office suite
Eluna is a public, 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a mission to support children and families
impacted by grief or addiction. Eluna supports thousands of children and families each year through its free signature services and programs. Camp Erin® is the largest national bereavement program for children and teens grieving the death of someone significant in their lives. Camp Mariposa® is a national addiction prevention and mentoring program for youth impacted by a family member's substance use disorder, and the Eluna Resource Center extends the continuum of care by providing a curated set of online resources with personalized phone and email support for families experiencing grief, addiction and other related issues.
Eluna is an equal opportunity employer. Eluna has undertaken proactive steps to learn how to become a more diverse and inclusive organization and we are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, domestic or sexual violence victim status, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable state or federal law.
To assist the Director and Assistant Director of Addiction Prevention and Mentoring Programs in the oversight, management, development, and success of Eluna’s Camp Mariposa program. Camp Mariposa is an award-winning…
We offer a comprehensive benefits package with medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, a 401(k) plan, flexible spending plan, commuter transit benefits and generous paid time off.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package with medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, a 401(k) plan, flexible spending plan, commuter transit benefits and generous…
Email resume and cover letter with (1) approximate available start date and (2) an explanation of how you meet the required criteria to Jean Heflin Kane, at email@example.com. Submissions missing either of these required items will not be considered. Thank you.
Email resume and cover letter with (1) approximate available start date and (2) an explanation of how you meet the required criteria to Jean Heflin Kane, at firstname.lastname@example.org…