District of Columbia
No Labels seeks an energetic Office Manager to join a busy office. The ideal candidate will have an upbeat can-do attitude, ability to handle multiple projects, strong oral and written communication abilities and a keen eye for details. This person is a problem solver who consistently exercises excellent judgment and works well independently.
This position reports directly to a Vice President and interacts with the CEO and other senior staff.
Finance and Administration
- Coordinate and oversee the financial team to assist with managing the organization’s budget and financial statements.
- Provide Vice President level staff support for the management of the organization.
- Assist with the organization’s daily operations, including human resources, benefit programs, accounting, fundraising, and events.
- Support the management team with quarterly board calls, board communications, and follow up.
- Oversee the organization’s employee credit card program and bank rewards program.
- Serve as the liaison between the organization’s auditor, payroll vendor and bank
- Serve as the liaison with the No Labels Treasurer
- Manage organization’s FEC filings and liaise with legal team
- Assist with recruitment of staff, applicant correspondence, interviews, and related paperwork
- Oversee hiring and onboarding
- Management of payroll and relations with payroll company
- Maintain employee benefits, including research, related staff support, cost comparison, and broker relations
- Ensure compliance with employment law, including appropriate maintenance of employee files
- Plan staff retreats, annual staff party, and other staff events
- Work with the payroll vendor to prepare and distribute tax documents
- Provide oversight & review of the organization’s accounting & payroll functions
- Responsible for ordering supplies/inventory for the office
- Maintain liability insurances and sound risk reduction practices, including research, cost comparison, and broker relations
- Physical office and lease management
- Booking Travel
- Liaison with building
- Handbook management
- Internal controls update
- High level of flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work well independently and work well as part of a team
- Ability to lead projects and manage competing priorities
- Highly organized and detail-oriented. We really mean it!
- Relevant director-level, management experience, in a non-profit is preferred (minimum of three years)
- Proven experience as Office Manager or equivalent position
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
How To Apply:
For consideration, please email a cover letter, resume and professional references to Jobs@nolabels.org. No phone calls or office stop by please.
No Labels is a national movement that represents a broad coalition of Democrats, Republicans and independent citizens dedicated to a new politics of problem solving. We communicate on all social platforms to our community and are best in class when compared to other large national advocacy groups. We inspired the formation of the House Problem Solvers Caucus and work tirelessly to promote bipartisanship within its ranks.
Minimum Education Required