Under the direction of the Director of Property Management and the Property Supervisor, the Property Manager lives on-site and is responsible for all phases of the day-to-day operation of the property. The Property Manager will ensure a stable operation by working with the services staff to foster a healthy community life for the tenants. The Property Manager will complete documentation of all necessary maintenance and equipment replacements in a timely manner and ensure that the buildings appearance is well maintained. The Property Manager is also responsible for preserving open lines of communication between all parties involved in the operation of the subject property, and compliance with A Community of Friends (ACOF) policies and procedures.
The Property Manager must be willing to work in a community-based setting, emphasizing commitment and staff initiative. This person should be comfortable working within an interdisciplinary team utilizing a strength-based social service approach. In addition, this individual must be able to work with people who have experienced homelessness and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Applicant must have an understanding of individuals with a range of disabilities, including physical, mental and emotional.
· Responsible for the overall operation of assigned property(s).
· Collect and post rents, makes bank deposits, post rent increases, and all other administrative duties.
· Maintain working knowledge of leasing policies and procedures and perform functions related to leasing and lease renewal in accordance with Fair Housing and ACOF’s Property Management policies and procedures.
· Meet and interview prospective tenants to determine eligibility based on established criteria.
· Show vacant units and property amenities based on ACOF’s established procedures.
· Conduct move-in certifications and annual recertifications.
· Coordinate move-in and review rental lease and house rules with tenants.
· Conduct property and unit inspections and respond to third-party inspection reports.
· Coordinate and schedule repairs with maintenance staff as needed.
· Respond to tenant complaints and questions professionally and within a reasonable time frame.
· Identify and report complex situation(s) and/or potential concern(s) involving the property and its tenants to direct supervisor in a timely manner.
· Prepare detailed written incident reports in accordance with ACOF’s procedures.
· Prepare and post professionally written notices to tenants (i.e., warnings, inspections, evictions).
· Perform daily walk-through of the assigned property(s) and conduct light housekeeping.
· In coordination with maintenance staff ensure that the property’s appearance is well maintained.
· Coordinate with outside vendors.
· Schedule annual inspections and maintenance of gutters, fire extinguishers, air conditioners, heaters, smoke alarms, project fire system, backflow system, storm drains, and other systems as required.
· Maintain a tracking log of major purchases, replacements, and maintenance repairs.
· Maintain compliance with reporting requirements, business permits/licenses, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
· Maintain and update files.
· Order office and property supplies as needed and submit check requests to accounting for payment.
· Conduct and lead bi-weekly team meeting with on-site case management team.
· Other duties related to day-to-day operations and/or assigned tasks.
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibility at this time.
In the course fulfilling this position, the incumbent typically spends time sitting 65%, standing 15%, walking 15%, stair climbing 5%, listening, speaking, writing, reading and operating a personal computer and automobile. The incumbent must possess the ability to lift 20 lbs.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this job. Individual abilities may result in some deviation of these guidelines.
To perform effectively in this position, the incumbent must have these Basic Qualifications:
· Two years resident or property management experience
· One year experience complying with public and private finance programs, including but not limited to HUD, HOME, low-income housing tax credits, MHSA, and/or HACLA/LACDA
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and Outlook)
· Possession of a valid California Driver’s License
· Access to a personal vehicle to be used to conduct ACOF business.
· Ability to meet California minimum and ACOF insurance requirements.
· Willing to live on-site.
· Bilingual (Spanish/English)
· Excellent Communication Skills
· Low Income Housing Tax Credit Experience
Under the direction of the Director of Property Management and the Property Supervisor, the Property Manager lives on-site and is responsible for all phases of the day-to-day operation of the property. The Property Manager will…
In order to be considered please apply on our website.