Amigos de las Américas (AMIGOS) is a leader in international youth development, creating a world in which young people realize their full potential as leaders and global citizens. We provide extraordinary opportunities for youth to design and lead projects in collaboration with U.S. and Latin American peers and partner organizations across the Americas. Our strong partner network, built over 50 years, enables authentic engagements in communities across the region.
The Health and Safety Manager is a position within the Programs Department focused on managing the health and safety needs of all programs. This role is responsible for the implementation of health screening of all program participants, the direct oversight of the AMIGOS On-Call emergency management system, and production of a wide range of training resources and protocols related to AMIGOS’ programs and health and safety protocols. The role serves as a member of the Health, Safety and Risk team and works closely with the Regional Operations Department.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Oversees medical and mental health screening of prospective volunteers and Project Staff. Ensures timely review, recording and communication of screening efforts.
· Facilitates planning, training, staffing and implementation of On-Call systems (24-hour support, consultation and communication system while projects are operational).
· Serves as primary contact for Chapter Emergency Contacts and medical and mental health advisors.
· Tracks and analyzes On-Call system efforts, and facilitates continuous improvement of related training and protocols.
· Assists in database management of health, safety, risk and On-Call records systems.
· Oversees updates to and production of all training resources and protocols related to AMIGOS’ programs and ensures consistency, accuracy, and integration of all health, safety and risk messages. Materials include the Project Staff manuals; Health, Safety and Travel Guidelines; Parent Preparation Guides; Programs Guidelines; On-Call System Protocols and affiliated training activities.
· Gathers and analyzes information about program trends, models and statistics.
· Analyzes and reports health, safety and risk performance outcomes.
· Serves on the summer On-Call Team. Provides timely and appropriate communication with a wide range of individuals. Ensures prompt follow-up of inquiries and actions.
· Bachelors’ degree from an accredited institution
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills
· Adaptable, self-motivated, problem solver
· Comfortable working independently and in small teams
· Skilled in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
· Excellent public speaking skills
· Must be willing and able to travel and to work some evenings and approximately 10 weekend events per year.
· During operation of the summer programs, must be available 24 hours/day during scheduled, assigned shifts to provide assistance regarding participants’ travel, and medical and communication needs. Extended vacation leave cannot be taken during operation of AMIGOS’ summer programs.
· Experience with crisis communications and/or counseling
· Knowledge of public health field and topics
· Experience with Salesforce or equivalent CRM database
· Spanish language fluency
Excellent benefits; food, lodging & transportation expenses covered during periods of travel.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to Ana Aguilera at: email@example.com.