Details: Competitive pay based on qualifications and experience
900 Pennsylvania Ave
· Are you experienced in both managing people and projects, as well as directly solving technical issues?
· Do you have a broad range of technical knowledge and applied skills?
· Are you looking for a job that is driven by mission?
· Do you want to apply your technical skills to support your community and help end hunger?
The Information Technology team is responsible for provisioning, maintaining, managing and improving the information technology at the Food Bank. The Information Technology Manager, at the direction of the Director of IT, provides leadership to the IT Team to assure that these responsibilities are fulfilled in a timely, efficient, and cost-effective manner, consistent with the Food Bank’s mission, values and priorities. This is a hands-on management position with work responsibilities in both the San Francisco and Marin offices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Information Technology
- Primary accountability for the management of end-user support and related helpdesk systems. Ensure the Food Bank staff have sufficient desktop systems and support to effectively complete their work, while managing costs within budgetary restrictions.
- Lead assigned major projects related to system selection, upgrades, installations and deployment. Apply project management principles and techniques, with the ability to participate as both a project manager and technical implementer. Projects that may cross hardware, software, departmental and business boundaries.
- Provide technical leadership and level 2 support for the provisioning, configuration and maintenance of hardware, including servers, work stations, laptops, storage devices, network appliances, network cabling, internet services, local and wide-area networking, VoIP and analog telephone systems, paging, printers, and associated peripheral devices.
- Provide technical leadership and level 2 support for the selection, design, provisioning, configuration and maintenance of software and systems to enable the technology infrastructure, including operating systems, Active Directory, office software (including the Office365 ecosystem), e-mail, calendars, Skype/Teams.
- Primary accountability for the management of telecom systems and services, including VoIP and analog telephone systems, paging, voicemail, call trees, and telephone service providers.
- Shared accountability for the security, sustainability and business continuity of Food Bank information systems including backup, continuity planning, anti-virus/anti-malware systems, firewall, prevention of unauthorized access.
- Develop and enforce policies to support the appropriate and sustainable use of technology within the Food Bank. Accountability for orienting new staff on technology policies and procedures, and for communicating with all staff on technology issues.
- As directed by Director of IT, advise and assist other departments in the specification, selection and implementation of software and other technology solutions. Serve as a liaison between non-technical stakeholders and internal or external technology providers.
- Provide on-call after hours support for major systems interruptions and outages.
2. Management and Planning
- Supervise subordinate members of the Information Technology team, assign and prioritize tasks, monitor outcomes and mentor staff growth.
- Assist with developing annual operating and capital expense budgets for Information Technology. Approve expenditures within authorized guidelines.
- Maintain awareness of organizational goals, priorities, and challenges. Be conversant with current and emerging technologies and propose technology solutions as needed.
- Coordinate with the Directors, Managers group and other departments as required.
- Participate in management meetings and in-service training.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least 3 years experience as an IT Manager or equivalent role, with supervisory responsibilities.
- Combination of education and relevant experience sufficient to perform essential duties.
- Understanding of supervision, business process, project management, business and systems analysis, computer and information systems.
- Wide experience with common hardware and software systems, operating systems, networks, helpdesks and VoIP solutions.
- Experience successfully managing IT Projects, as both a PM and implementer.
- Technical expertise in Microsoft Domains, AD, Windows, Office Suite, O365, SQLServer.
- Ability to apply analytics skills to solve complex problems with limited resources.
- Ability to translate effectively between technical and non-technical staff and vendors.
- Ability to work and interact well with individuals (staff, volunteers and participants) from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds in a culturally diverse environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
· Interest in hunger or food issues.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Additional beneficial skills/knowledge: PMI, CRM, AWS, LAMP stack, Linux, Firewalls, Network segmentation, IT security, Disaster Recovery, CCNA, SQL.
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, life, long-term disability, and 403(b) retirement plan with employer base and matching contribution. Generous holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
NOTE: For this position the Food Bank will NOT be sponsoring visas, compensate for relocation, or paying recruiter fees.
COVER LETTER: In your cover letter, please describe why you want to work for the Food Bank or a mission driven organization.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Use “Information Technology Manager, your name” as the subject line.
The SF-Marin Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive for a workforce as diverse as the community we serve. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants without regard to arrest and conviction records.