211 South 4th Street
As a staff member of El Puente, the Assistant Director is expected to uphold and work within the mission, philosophy and principles of the organization. She/he must work with the Director and other staff members to: design & manage a holistic arts & academic enrichment program; ensure the integrity of El Puente’s Membership Process; and to achieve expected contractual outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Beacon Director in managing all aspects of programs and activities at the Beacon.
- Develop outreach strategies to engage youth and young adults in programming
- Coordinate referrals to co-locators, community partners, and other community resources
- Develop community connections
- Monitor participant and community needs to ensure programs and offerings are appropriate and relevant
- Serve as a liaison between the program and two schools in building.
- Create a positive work atmosphere that fosters teamwork and a constructive exchange of ideas
- Ensure that all staff members adhere to behavior, discipline, and safety policies
- Maintain SACC certification compliance regulations
- Serve as a mentor for youth and junior staff
- Some evenings and weekends will be required
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field, preferred
- Minimum of three years’ relevant experience in a youth development organization, community center, or school.
Medical and Dental plan offered.
Minimum Education Required