198 East 121st Street
The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people, invites applications for an Administrative Assistant at the Institute. The Institute helps human service organizations across the nation through classroom-based staff training, hands-on-coaching, and support services. Additionally, the Institute provides technical and referral assistance and is actively involved in developing and improving supportive housing initiatives in New York City and across the nation.
The Administrative Assistant is expected to ensure that the day-to-day operations of the Institute’s Housing Resource Center (HRC) are met efficiently. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of administrative tasks and data entry activities and provides support to HRC staff and management. Candidates must possess a thorough knowledge of office procedures and the ability to effectively manage a high volume of data entry with speed and accuracy.
Responsibilities include data entry, maintenance of file systems, and generation of various reports. The position requires the ability to transition between databases, recognize potential problems and be able to transition and troubleshoot as necessary. The ideal candidate will have a commitment to and passion for helping human service organizations to build programs that have a measurable and meaningful impact.
- Oversee HRC fax server, including assistance in the development and maintenance of filing systems.
- Manage mail operations, including receipt, preparation and distribution of incoming mail/ email
- Support site communications/reception, including central answering and reception services and provide copying, scanning, and faxing services
- High School Diploma (prior administrative assistant experience preferred)
- Excellent data entry skills and extensive experience with MS Word, Excel, Access, and AWARDS preferred
- High level of attention to detail and excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to multi-task
- A strong customer service orientation
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THE URL BELOW TO YOUR BROWSER: