2183 Main St
First Church of Christ Congregational, is an open, welcoming, and affirming, vital, vibrant, and exciting family of faith in Glastonbury.
This position will provide administrative support for the Pastors; to include general administrative support and support and coordination of other projects such as memorial services, baptisms, and weddings. Responsible for drafting and updating calendar for programming year, and updating the website and other calendars, updating various member lists, attending staff meetings, and distributing minutes.
Other duties include:
- Provide general administrative support for the Pastors.
- Responsible for maintaining and tracking the church calendars; ensuring all events are entered and tracked, and that conflicts are minimized.
- Assist in the coordination of memorial services, baptisms, and wedding; to include coordinating with outside parties, families, and volunteers, and ordering supplies as directed. Also responsible for updating church calendars for these events.
- Compile and coordinate with Pastors to ensure appropriate letters are sent to congregation members weekly and as necessary (i.e. birthdays, losses, welcome letters).
- Attend staff meetings and coordinate any staff birthday cards and devotion sign-ups.
- Track and balance petty cash and request additional funds when needed.
- Distribute all Board minutes monthly to Council members prior to monthly Council meeting, and display copy of Council Minutes on “Council Corner” bulletin board in Schultz Hall.
- File the church’s annual report for the CT Conference, and register Pastors and church delegates for the CT Conference Annual Meeting.
- Update various member databases and excel lists; to include Board members, Committee members, church school members, junior and senior high fellowship lists, choirs, and other members.
- Ensure Safe Conduct forms are up to date and in database for all volunteers.
- Coordinate with Church Growth and Membership (CG&M) and Pastors on potential new members; to include reviewing and tracking weekly visitors (collected from pew pads), follow up with CG&Ms, welcome letters, Prospective Member Gatherings, new member packets, and any necessary announcements.
- Coordinate with Publications Specialist regarding lay reader schedule, proofing monthly newsletter, updating for publication Silver and Gold members, In Memoriam for All Saints Sunday, submitting any baptism or memorial rose information for bulletin, and prepare Prayer Corner for monthly Reminder.
- Update as needed Nursing Homes/Assisted Living document. Coordinate dates with Salmon Brook and Glastonbury Health Care for Gordon Bates to cover worship service there several times a year.
- On a yearly basis (usually in March), prepare/print/distribute Membership Directory.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- 2 years of related experience; data entry and skills in Microsoft office including proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently; self-motivated, takes initiative
- Able to multitask and prioritize efficiently
- Ability to determine varying nature of calls/issues, and identify the priority level
- Accepts responsibility and accountability
- Honest and trustworthy; displays integrity
- Professional, in appearance and action
- Shows adaptability
- Organized and detailed
Minimum Education Required