Details: Depending on Experience
475 Riverside Drive
Digital Marketing and Social Media Specialist
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Digital and Social Marketing Specialist to expand Workforce Opportunity Services' (WOS) brand awareness and build our online presence. In this role, you will be responsible for creating and managing our online voice and outreach to our B2B and B2C audiences and developing creative digital content showcasing our organization’s mission and value proposition. This position is a unique opportunity to join a forward-thinking non-profit open to new ideas and always challenging the status quo.
You will work closely with the Assistant Director of Communications to ensure content aligns to our overall marketing strategy and be responsible for drafting, editing, and reviewing marketing content on a daily basis. This position requires exemplary written communication skills and the ability to synthesize information into a compelling format for a variety of print and digital communication channels, including web collateral, e-campaigns, and social media.
If you’re a forward-thing marketing guru who has out-of-the-box ideas on how to improve audience engagement and experience, we want to meet you.
· Develop and execute digital marketing strategies (e.g. video, infographics, Google Analytics, website, emails, social media, blogs, and channels yet to be introduced to the market)
· Identify digital and social media marketing opportunities to build overall brand awareness and engagement
· Analyze web and social media metrics and suggest solutions to boost presence and drive desired outcomes
· Manage wforce.org website content and strategy
· Monitor SEO/SEM and marketing metrics to forecast trends and develop proactive strategies
· Conceive, draft, proofread, and edit written materials in a clear, concise, and engaging manner
· Minimum three year relevant experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, English, or related field.
· Advance knowledge of web analytics tools, social and digital media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Flickr, etc.), and Google Adwords
· Excellent grammatical skills and the ability to develop content that requires little to no editing
· Manage multiple projects effectively and meet tight deadlines
· Familiarity with graphic and web design, as well as Node.js.
· Videographer skills desirable but not required.
· Full-time/immediate availability (40 hours/week)
· New York, NY
Qualified candidates MUST include the following to be considered:
· Cover Letter
· TWO Writing Samples at least 500 words each (press release, short story, news article, etc.)
Founded in 2005, Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to developing the skills of untapped talent from underserved and veteran communities through partnerships with organizations dedicated to diversifying the workforce.
We help our partner corporations create and nurture strong talent pipelines through our unique programs and empower individuals from underserved communities to flourish professionally, financially, and personally through our mentorship and support. Utilizing a scientifically-based model derived from research conducted at Columbia University, we recruit, educate, train, and place high-potential candidates with leading organizations around the world.
To date, WOS has served 3,800+ individuals through partnerships with more than 60 corporations in 40+ locations worldwide. For more information, visit wforce.org.
Minimum Education Required