The Council of State Governments (CSG) is our nation's only organization serving all three branches of state government. CSG is a region-based forum that fosters the exchange of insights and ideas to help state officials shape public policy. This offers unparalleled regional, national and international opportunities to network, develop leaders, collaborate and create problem-solving partnerships.
THE COUNCIL OF STATE GOVERNMENTS-EASTERN REGIONAL CONFERENCE
The Council of State Governments Eastern Regional Conference (CSG-ERC), based in New York City since 1937, serves 11 member states (from Maine to Maryland), the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the Territory of the US Virgin Islands. Five Eastern Canadian Provinces (Quebec, New Brunswick, Ontario, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island) are international Associate members of CSG-ERC.
CSG-ERC seeks to educate public officials about the unique problems and challenges facing the CSG Eastern Region, and promotes multi-state or region-wide problem solving. Through its committees, annual meeting, webinars, seminars, publications, and other means, CSG-ERC facilitates the exchange of ideas and information among state policymakers, business leaders and the academic community throughout its 18-member jurisdictions.
In pursuit of its mission, CSG-ERC staff conducts public policy research and analysis, convenes meetings, and produces publications related to agriculture & rural development, education, environment, energy, health, international trade, transportation, and US-Canada relations. CSG-ERC also provides leadership training for state and provincial officials and advocates on the federal level for policies and programs beneficial to the region. We are currently seeking and Administrative Assistant in our New York, NY office.
- Perform word processing functions including correspondence and memoranda.
- Perform general office functions as needed (photocopying, electronic and manual filing, etc.).
- Coordinate ordering and maintenance of office supplies; maintain equipment log.
- Serve as ERC contact for office front door; distribute office mail as necessary.
- Serve as liaison with building management office.
- Create "Facebook" document for meetings with legislators
- Provide support to policy staff on as-needed basis.
- Maintain ERC office calendar.
- Process and deposit cash, checks, and credit card transactions; record transactions into appropriate financial software.
- Assist with billing and coding of office financial transactions; invoicing and processing reimbursements; credit card reconciliation.
- Reconcile entries before forwarding to finance office at headquarters; communicate with headquarters to resolve discrepancies.
- Ensures that CSG policies and procedures are followed with respect to all financial transactions.
- Prepare materials for capitol visits including meeting folders, shipping materials, provide back-up on logistics.
- Assist with preparation for annual conference and other off-site meetings to include, but not limited to, preparing materials (documents, badges, signage); prepare and process shipping of meeting materials.
- Track meeting speakers as directed by policy staff (contracts, travel and hotel reservations, special requests), attendance reports.
- Distribute travel information to invited guests and speakers, as well as appropriate staff members.
- Assist with data entry functions in iMIS database; post-meeting data updates; post-election data updates.
- Monitor special elections in ERC region for database updates.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrates attention to detail, thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure accuracy.
- Responds promptly to customer service needs; identifies and resolves problems.
- Must be dependable and maintain confidentiality.
- Occasional travel and overtime.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum two years' experience in an administrative role.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Associate's degree preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel and Word.
- Experience with accounts payable and receivables a plus.
PHYCICAL REQUIREMENTS ESSENTIAL TO PERFORM DUTIES OF THE JOB
- Communicates verbally with staff and managers, internal and external customers.
- Frequently views computer to perform accounts receivable and payable responsibilities.
- Frequently remains in sitting position to perform desk duties.
- Frequently uses computer with fingers and hands.
- Frequently works in well-lit, tempered room.
- Occasionally walks throughout office to communicate to co-workers on projects and tasks.
- Occasionally lifts objects weighing up to 25 pounds (such as paper and file boxes).
- Applicants must complete online application and submit a cover letter and resume.
CSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website above. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.