3600 Market Street
SIAM is looking for a talented and self-motivated individual to fill this role in the membership department.
- Manage the 21 topical SIAM Activity Groups, including corresponding with leadership, administration of elections, scheduling and creating materials for meetings and teleconferences
- Create or update membership department applications, documentation, and marketing materials
- Coordinate membership department activities surrounding conferences, including shipping materials, creating email marketing campaigns, and occasionally attend the conference to recruit members
- Design and write copy for SIAM Membership Department communications in print, online, and email
- Assist the department as needed with student chapters, membership renewal, customer service, conferences, sections, committees, or other tasks as needed
Attributes of an Ideal Candidate
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong written and verbal skills
- A bachelor’s degree or commensurate relevant experience
- Ability to produce professional documents and correspondence
- Some knowledge of database management
- Ability to effectively handle numerous tasks and assignments
- Discipline to work successfully without close supervision
- Ability to quickly and effectively develop new skills to meet new tasks
- Methodical, analytical, and creative problem‐solving ability
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
Experience that is a plus
- Experience in the nonprofit sector, with experience in associations and international organizations being even more pertinent
- Previous experience with programming and graphic design tools
- Experience with marketing and publications
- SQL and data analysis
- Web Content Management Systems
The Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) is an international community of 14,500+ individual members. Almost 500 academic, manufacturing, research and development, service and consulting organizations, government, and military organizations worldwide are institutional members. SIAM was incorporated in 1952 as a nonprofit organization to convey useful mathematical knowledge to other professionals who could implement mathematical theory for practical, industrial, or scientific use. SIAM continues today to advance the application of mathematics and computational science to engineering, industry, science, and society.
SIAM provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a great location in the heart of Philadelphia’s University City. Perhaps most importantly we are a small team where each member is encouraged to participate and develop their skills to make a significant contribution to SIAM’s business goals.
SIAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume, salary requirements, and optional writing/work samples to:
3600 Market St, 6th Fl
Philadelphia, PA 19104