Details: Competitive Salary
441 West 26th Street
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in a fast-paced nonprofit environment with dedicated colleagues in the areas of grant writing, institutional relations, and public funding contracts management. Reporting to the Deputy Executive Director, the Manager is an integral member of the External Relations team, with strategic oversight of, as well as hands-on writing responsibility for foundation, corporate and government proposals, contracts, and reports. The manager is also responsible for funder relationship cultivation and stewardship where appropriate and has frequent interaction with program staff and organizational leadership. Supervises one Institutional Relations Associate.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; outstanding writing, communication and organizational skills; four+ years grant writing and related experience; ability to coordinate multiple projects, and to work both independently and flexibly as part of a team across programmatic disciplines in a high pressure, deadline-driven environment; proficiency in MS Office Suite; ability to interact with and cultivate relationships with institutional funders and their representatives; willingness to learn and be challenged.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Willingness to respond with flexibility and enthusiasm to new organizational opportunities; ability to think creatively about ways to meet programmatic and fundraising needs; a sense of humor; interest in professional development.
- Support the Director of Institutional and Government Relations and programmatic department heads in the development of institutional giving goals, strategies and tactics.
- Supervise the Institutional Relations Associate
- Expand the pool of foundation donors
- Track and submit government proposals, reports and budgets, including Head Start, DYCD, DOE, DOHMH, DFTA and others
- Develop strategic proposal concepts to maximize funding
- Strategically prioritize workflow, assign tasks and projects as needed
- Ensure timely production and submission of all LOIs, proposals and reports
- Research and identify prospective institutional funders
- Maintain an understanding of the organization and programmatic goals and priorities sufficient to identify appropriate funding opportunities
- Oversee maintenance of agency official documents, and ensure their timely completion and submission to appropriate funders and agencies.
- Enter appropriate information and data into the database to ensure accurate record keeping and deadline management
- Support the Institutional Relations Manager and senior development and executive staff in coordinating the cultivation and stewardship process, including scheduling, providing meeting materials, research, and other tasks as needed.
- Monitor foundation and philanthropy news, including RFPs, foundation press releases, website updates and announcements, and trends in institutional giving.
- Attend bidder’s conferences, workshops, and information sessions on potential proposal submissions as needed.
- Complete other writing assignments and administrative support as requested.
- Participate in agency-wide initiatives and other duties as assigned.
The Hudson Guild is an equal opportunity employer
Vacation Days (24)
Paid Holidays (11)
Sick Days (12)
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume here: https://hudsonguild.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=44